Lockdown

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It?s actually dirt and grime that traps moisture then causes the pitting. Removal of this dirt and grime would actually stop pitting. It?s one of those specific chemical reactions that attacks one not the other. Like the old days of using Hydrochloric acid to remove aluminium smear on the cylinder wall when a 2 stroke seized. Rub it on, watch it fizz, when the fizzing stops, the aluminium is gone, then rinse off. as good as new. Nitric acid work the opposite way round ie attacks steel not aluminium. J

Lovely weather finally
95183cf59b63c32d6327594bd73da424.jpg
395c993475bfcf3eb010b40a3fa7e5ac.jpg

great work Stuart my 8 year old daughter helps me with my garage toys ,how do you rate that bike lift ?
That bike lift is awesome perkles, best tool in my garage... working at waist height when you've had paddock stands and a 1Jac for years makes everything you do a treat to deal with, I take much more time doing whatever. The top of the tank at full height is about level with the top of my head just over 6ft... heres some pics mate.. rocker cover is at shoulder height..
6b7f7a0f3d3cb4bf40292ecc398a25a3.jpg
ae6626c53b16b36372030dfe999cdc2c.jpg
258780fd87e27aba593282ef5edcdbeb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Stuart that's fantastic I am going to get one,I took my exhuast system and valves off today lying on the garage floor !
What make is the lift ?

Stuart that's fantastic I am going to get one,I took my exhuast system and valves off today lying on the garage floor !
What make is the lift ?
Not sure of Stuart?s lift make but agree probably best tool in the garage. I got mine from Machine Mart, about ?400.

Mine is Biketek... just PMd perkles there... found an identical one on EB cheaper than I paid for it a couple of years ago... checked the reviews and mine was there...same guy I bought off ! Lol

I paid 460, it's now 439..free delivery

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back