Lockdown

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kinda agree. I go for walks and doing alot of fixing and sorting. But I'm staying off the bikes. Primarily because I cant seem to just tip along on the rr.

Iv stopped all pitbike events.

All sv650 races are cancelled.

Funny thing is in my big box of stuff I bring with me to races for fluids spares and stuff. Suprised how much of some stuff I had.

Iv 4 spare full one piece clipons, 2 fork clipons, but no bars.

3 sets of front old front pads and one set of new front ebc and one brembo set. One set of rear which I never use.
All manner of 5w 10w 20w fork oils

Get this I have a spare fork damping rod. A steering damper I swear iv never seen.

Last edited:
Heres a laugh, this is what I done for 2 hours tonight..... this is what two mismatched boxes look like when try joining them together... nought fits bellypans.. 150 metres of tape on it's way to Budgie...
c926f4e7ce804837cb2455fe0460b664.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Thanks all for the kind words. Still not out of the woods yet. Mums got to have chemo next as it has spread to her lungs. (Already had 3 lung ops last year) fingers crossed this time
Good luck to your old dear Marc...[emoji106]

Good luck to your old dear Marc...[emoji106]

Cheers Stuart....she was just tired and frustrated at the delay in being discharged but in great spirits and litterally 'hopped' into the car no problem today....
Fingers crossed we can nuke it with the chemo now....

Lots of time on my hands at the moment, but also lots of opportunities! I have a rotten suzuki Gt185 in the workshop/garage waiting for a rebuild. Of course I was planning to get the crankcase sodablasted, powder coat the frame, blah blah etc etc. But now, I?m going for a Corona GT185, think mad max style. I?ve got all the parts I need mechanically, the engine will be sweet. The rest will be absolutely ruined...I don?t care anymore.
When this lockdown?s over, I?ll be rolling up the street in a blue haze, and probably getting the AA to recover me within a few miles.
Thank god I got that knock through to the garage.....
Love to get my hands on that, that'd be a joy to rebuild... last time I done a lot of engine work on a 2 stroke was when I seized the engine on my X7... had to save up for a rebore and .5 mil top end oversize kit... ran sweet as nut for 2 years, went on to 4 strokes after that.....bring back 1982 !

Love to get my hands on that, that'd be a joy to rebuild... last time I done a lot of engine work on a 2 stroke was when I seized the engine on my X7... had to save up for a rebore and .5 mil top end oversize kit... ran sweet as nut for 2 years, went on to 4 strokes after that.....bring back 1982 !

2 strokes are great! I think anyone that had one back in the day was an expert on tops end rebuilds, they were always blowing up. I was looking for an X7 when this came up, both seems to be quite rare now, or silly money for one already rebuilt. This one is a 1978 version that came out just before the X5.

2 strokes are great! I think anyone that had one back in the day was an expert on tops end rebuilds, they were always blowing up. I was looking for an X7 when this came up, both seems to be quite rare now, or silly money for one already rebuilt. This one is a 1978 version that came out just before the X5.

Agreed, when your a teenager you soak up how these things work, some basic tools and devouring Motorcycle Mechanics twice a month was a great learning curve for me..

I've got a very ratty 2001 Aprilia RS125 with a Rotax 122 engine which my son 'persuaded me' to buy as an unfinished rebuild project in bloody cardboard boxes that he would rebuild and flip to make some money on. After 6 months nothing got done on it, so I took it from him and rebuilt the engine and chassis from what was in the boxes. I spent a year rebuilding it, I got it to the point where it was ready to fire up. The only gasket I didn't change was the engine split crank gasket as I couldn't get it apart without a ?120 jig tool. Guess what, I topped up the gear oil and put in all the fluids only to watch a steady drip drip drip from said bloody gasket! Aaaggghhhh! I pushed the bike to the back of the garage over a year ago and I can't face taking the engine out again.... although I did find a company who agreed to rebuild the engine for me before the pandemic if I were to extract the engine and ship it to them in the West Midlands... I just want to get it finished, fired up and ridden for 5 minutes.

All those small capacity bikes were run by kids who never looked after them, they are real dog poo and everything on them is either worn out or busted and bodged. Never again

Part of owning a two stroke was rebuilding the bloody things every 5 minutes, I'm absolutely no mechanic but remember rebuilding the top end on my 350LC and my brothers YPVS, you just sat in the garage with crap tools and took them to bits and got on with it. Even worse if they were 'race' tuned - my mates 125LC did 90mph but had a powerband about 1000rpm wide and blew up so often that in the end we had to tart it up and sell it on to some other unsuspecting youth taken in by the alure of owning an elsie...

Part of owning a two stroke was rebuilding the bloody things every 5 minutes, I'm absolutely no mechanic but remember rebuilding the top end on my 350LC and my brothers YPVS, you just sat in the garage with crap tools and took them to bits and got on with it. Even worse if they were 'race' tuned - my mates 125LC did 90mph but had a powerband about 1000rpm wide and blew up so often that in the end we had to tart it up and sell it on to some other unsuspecting youth taken in by the alure of owning an elsie...
Totally get every bit of that Mac...[emoji106]

So proud of my youngest, replaced seals, pistons and pads with virtually no help from me...
4abe1a4c7e8719e19be29d4c1bf613be.jpg
e5604f835973dde22febf7023186c6ea.jpg
7d480c350cd67849ae0d4a2de7e423b0.jpg
6a0954c243606bd2943f4d8687c390e2.jpg
2072bb75f5337297fe544907a51e6ddb.jpg
a16779e0fc036a43e82246760cd3a11f.jpg
af385b993e3b98f615c08d5a42645dc4.jpg
5e5a4436b09349aa89cb3ef414fefc0a.jpg

Not just replaced the seals etc....but she did it with those pink nails! Thats a feat in itself!! lol amazing!

Latest posts

Back