New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if you guys already know, I certainly didn't until now. The S1000RR comes with 'comfort indicators'. I was riding around and thought I was losing it cause the indicators were always off after turns without me canceling them. Turns out the bike does that for you now :)

Not sure if you guys already know, I certainly didn't until now. The S1000RR comes with 'comfort indicators'. I was riding around and thought I was losing it cause the indicators were always off after turns without me canceling them. Turns out the bike does that for you now :)

think they did that from the start, gen 1?

Its on all bmw bikes as far as I am aware. The indicators self cancel after about 250 yards.

"Comfort" indicators lol...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

The Germans do like to use odd turns of phrase! Perhaps its the translation. I was looking at the luggage options for the new S1K in the official BM brochure - they have a small bag that fits on the "social seat". Made me smile.

Yep, that comes from the German 'sozius sitz' which means pillian seat :D

The Germans do like to use odd turns of phrase! Perhaps its the translation. I was looking at the luggage options for the new S1K in the official BM brochure - they have a small bag that fits on the "social seat". Made me smile.

I was passing my dealership today so stopped by to have a look at the new bike at last seeing as I am buying one and it is supposed to arrive any day. Not worried about riding one, I am not good enough to find a serious problem with handling on a test ride and its unlikely bmw would have created a lemon.

Have to be honest, I haven't been all that excited about the new bike hence not bothering to seek one out for a nosey until now. I was prepared to be underwhelmed.

First impressions; Cant see what the issue is with the plastics, it all seems perfectly fine and usual bmw to me. Ok its not a pretty bike in many ways but if I wanted something for looks I would have got a duc. It has its charm though, the whole package is well thought out and very functional in a typically german way.

Had a sit on the showroom msports bike, body position didn't feel hugely different to the HP4 other than the clipons are set wider. Certainly did not feel noticeably smaller over and around the tank.

The carbon wheels look like black painted wheels from any distance, only close up and in the right light can you see the carbon weave, so dont be expecting BST looking rims, these are not the same.

Got a demo of the dash, well impressed. It ticks every box. The race custom settings are very impressive being able to fine tune everything from engine braking to the dtc. Its going to be fun playing around with it. There is even an option to turn off ddc completely and make it analogue, and use traditional shims for the suspension (not that I would be bothering).

The way they have integrated the rear indicators to also be the rear lights is clever, less to remove for track work, and thats what I thought when I came away, its a track weapon that has been fluffed up enough to use on the road.

The bike sorely needs a full system to replace the cat and loose some further weight, so I will be ordering one in due course. There is no bmw part number for it yet so just holding fire incase it can be supplied through the dealer by the time the bike lands.

Certainly excited now. Need to remember how to ride on track again, its been a year or so lol.

AJ said they have only had the display and demo bike so far. No ideas from bmw what the delays are about, just that the dates on the orders haven't progressed this week..... and they get around 4 days notification of a shipment. So its a waiting game......

Last edited:
Get Jerez booked ;)

FWIW whilst you think it's a track bike fluffed up for the road, Neeves was saying how they were the only company making a bike that truly was best of both worlds. It really does, in his opinion, suit both worlds equally. The Navigation GPS was one of his highlights, after it saved him hours of torture on the way back from the 'ring.
I'd be super excited if I had one coming.

Lottery win required atm.

Get Jerez booked ;)

FWIW whilst you think it's a track bike fluffed up for the road, Neeves was saying how they were the only company making a bike that truly was best of both worlds. It really does, in his opinion, suit both worlds equally. The Navigation GPS was one of his highlights, after it saved him hours of torture on the way back from the 'ring.

Any idea how the navigation works? Do you need to buy a sat nav from the dealer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 days notification isn’t much is it

Big surprise that they operate on such tight timescales, I would have thought a week or 10 days at least.

Get Jerez booked ;)

The dash does pretty much everything the idrive car systems do with music, nav etc. Really cool but I bet expensive when smashed to bits after a track drop.

Big surprise that they operate on such tight timescales, I would have thought a week or 10 days at least.

The dash does pretty much everything the idrive car systems do with music, nav etc. Really cool but I bet expensive when smashed to bits after a track drop.

Yip was thinking the along the same lines of 10 days.

Any idea how the navigation works? Do you need to buy a sat nav from the dealer?

No. You simply connect your bike to your phone, open the BMW Motorrad connected app, download relevant maps and then you can put in a destination on your phone. It calculates the route on your phone and displays turn by turn directions in your bike TFT screen. It also gives you voice directions via BT headset / Sena etc.

Let me know if you'd like to see some screenshots / photos of the TFT with active navigation.

No. You simply connect your bike to your phone, open the BMW Motorrad connected app, download relevant maps and then you can put in a destination on your phone. It calculates the route on your phone and displays turn by turn directions in your bike TFT screen. It also gives you voice directions via BT headset / Sena etc.

Let me know if you'd like to see some screenshots / photos of the TFT with active navigation.

That would be great if you could mate. I use the BMW connected app with the car but didn?t know the bike was the same.

That would be great if you could mate. I use the BMW connected app with the car but didn’t know the bike was the same.

Here you go.. can't take a photo of the actual turn by turn directions cause as they are only being displayed when approaching a turn.. bike.. riding.. phone.. yeah :) but here are some screenshots to give you an idea

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Latest posts

Back