Zx10r anyone tested one?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekdg

Reaction score
My friend has just purchased a 2011 ZX10r, he seems well impressed although he's not ridden a S1000rr and i wont let him on mine as ive seen how he rides.

Has anyone had a run an a ZX10r and compared it to the S1000rr?

I did and TBH i very nearly got one instead, having ridden them back to back i found the ZX10r was slightly easier to throw about and the breaks felt superior, the BMW had more power though and if i'm honest i was swayed a little by the hype. I don't regret it a bit, but the zx10r is an awesome bike.

My friend is a salesman for Claycross Kawasaki (and a bloody good rider) and he often brings the shops demo bike for a blast, last year we swapped bikes and I must say I was very impressed but even he had to admit that given the choice he'd take the BMW. We even did some side by side 80mph-ish roll on runs up to top speed and even though he is a smaller guy by about 5-6 stone! the BMW had the legs but there wasn't much in it.

I was looking to buy a ZX10R before getting the S1k. Only test rode the BMW as it would have been mental to buy a litre bike without at least trying the BM - even told the salesman at the time that I was only trying so I could rule it out. Didn't help his level of smugness when I came back from the test ride...

The Kwak just felt too polished. So smooth and simple to ride. There was something a bit more aggressive about the BM that instantly just made me click with it - not just the power delivery, but just the more 'busy' feel at idle - stuff like that. TBH, the 10R felt like riding a maxi scoot in town - so smooth and light. Great bike though and I'm sure I'd not have been disappointed had I gone for it.

Back