Ooops unplanned long test ride

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ste M

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Took my bike in for its 2nd year service on Saturday, happily sat there reading my book and after a few hours the service manager asks to have a quick word. He took me outside and told me that as the young girl was bringing my bike back around she has dropped it, its hit another bike. Its a small bit of cosmetic damage thats not to bad at all. He couldnt apologise enough and has obviously assured me it will all be made good again with brand new parts. Luckily one of the rear panels I had already damaged when my hepco and becker wasnt secured properely and had rubbed a big dent in the panel.

Anyway he gave me the choice. Come back in a few weeks and have all the parts fitted, or take a courtesy bike and they will fit it all. I chose the 2nd option

Ive been thinking about another bike for a while now for touring so asked if i could have a gs, unfortunatly it was booked out for a test ride but i then got a XR instead. I've liked the sounds of these for a while, same engine but de tuned as the s1000rr, so i believe. Started off well around town but then as soon as i hit any speed the wind hit my helmet in the worst place possible. the noise was horrendous. I tried everything to adjust the screen but it was on the highest setting. only way round it was to stoop low in the seat. Got it for a few weeks anyway so can keep trying other positions. Great handling bike but no where near as comfy as i thought it would be. Nice to have a long test ride though just unfortunate with whats happened to my bike but it is what it is

Am glad the dealer is seeing you right. Gaulling to have your pride n joy damaged.

Latest posts

Back