Why are people still hating the S thou

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jovie

Reaction score
I went out on saturday, stopped at High Beech in Essex, well known biker stopover and there were a few bikes there.
A group of youngsters (18-20 odd years) and a few late twenty's to plus fourty year old guys.
So I park up and I am getting a coffee near the older guys, I says hello and gets ignored.
That didn't stop them talking about the bike though, about how ugly it is and how one guy went for a test ride but because it was limited to 6k revs he was unimpressed and might as well been on a push bike.
One guy went over to my bike and gave it the once over, seeming to pay special attention to my tyres (looking for chicken strips, me thinks) and came back so I tried to strike up a conversation, got a limited response and then got ignored again.
So I thought 'F it, it must be my face' and went over to chat with the youngers, who were all on 600's and we had a little chat and I left.
Same thing happened when i went to the Ace cafe, only S1000rr there, everyone turns and looks when I ride in but don't even acknowledge after i get off the bike.
It also only seems to be sportsbike riders on litre bikes!!

All they see is the badge and think rich bastard, which in my case couldn't be further from the truth. Its jealousy.

its abit of jelousey and abit of they all look the same.the mods most people do are the same too.i dont bother going to look at them at bike stops and ive got one.i may go and look if it looks to have a full system though.imo theres not enough variation with the oe bikes.colours etc.

Tbh mate high beech is wank anyway, did u stop at the pub bit or down the bottom at the green hut on the bend?

Not experienced that type of reaction to be honest. Must admit though the BMW trackday would have definitely attracted negative attention. Getting waved in front of a line of waiting track dayers won't help !

i see it a lot, just think to myself, is there a bike there that handles as good, nope, is there a bike there that is as quick, nope, i dont buy a bike for someone else so fk em, get over it, its mine and i love it !!!!!!

I stopped at Loomies on Sunday whilst putting a few running in miles on the bike. The bike got loads of looks on the way in and the way out, but that was probably because its loud as f**k lol. Didn't get anyone talk to me about it. Not really that worried as most the people there looked like they would spend the night with there sister given half the chance lol.

Out on the road I've experienced the complete opposite, everyone wants to talk to me about the bike. "Hows that to ride?" "is it really that fast?" etc etc
Everyone is pretty surprised when i tell them i preferred my GSXR K5 1000 and that the Suzuki was more durable.

Out on the road I've experienced the complete opposite, everyone wants to talk to me about the bike. "Hows that to ride?" "is it really that fast?" etc etc
Everyone is pretty surprised when i tell them i preferred my GSXR K5 1000 and that the Suzuki was more durable.

Blasphemy.

Indeed, my previous steed was a Honda SP-2....some can't believe I would prefer the S1000RR to that.

My brother has a Triumph D675, and while his is a touch nimbler in the twisties it cannot live with the S1KRR when things open up a bit. If he's honest he knows which one he'd prefer....

More durable......WTF does that mean!
I would have come and said hello if its any comfort
Are you a social misfit by any chance that nobody spoke to before you got the bike ;)

More durable......WTF does that mean!

Shit on the K5 lasted a lot longer.
My bike has had hand controls replaced already both sides, Fuel tank cap replaced due to corrosion, Others have reported advanced stages of corrosion on there sumps after 1 year (wtf), Gearboxes being eaten because the stock quickshifter is shit.
Never had any work done on the K5 1000 in 4 years of ownership.

Since owning the bike all I've ever had is smiles and lots of questions and people coming over to look at the bike, never had any negativity here in wales

fair enough , although I have always found Suzuki's fit and function to be good , the quality wasn't the best.
The Beemer has had its fair share of recalls , you also missed out the star selector which is another shitter they should have fixed ,
Purely on an economic front its easier to deal with average joe than have a mass recall.
Working in the automotive industry for many years , i have noticed this has become a growing trend.
Year 2 is definately the best year to buy a vehicle I have noticed from my own experience.
I work with mainly Japanese manufacturers and it tends to be....
1: Year one your'e the guinea pig that irons out the faults.
2: Year 2 most of those faults have been addressed
3 Year 3 , the manufacture will ask the suppler for better prices ( cheaper components)
4: Year 4 they are developing the next model and also want even cheaper components..........
5 Year 5....Buy the new model with all the new bugs on it

This may seem a little harsh , however with Cars anyway this is the reality.......
If ya want reliability you should buy a Honda or a Yam according toindustry experts.
Put that to one of the unlucky individuals that bought an oil burning fireblade and I am sure they will disagree....
Will there have been buggy K5's?.....Almost certainly

I went out on saturday, stopped at High Beech in Essex, well known biker stopover and there were a few bikes there.
!
I have only been there twice and that was twice too many times imo, weird bunch of riders standing around talking bikesnbollocks instead of riding em..... best choose a better place to ride to, Loads of great destinations in Essex/Suffolk/Norfolk/Herts/Beds etc

Sounds like you ran into a bunch of knobs - I wouldn't sweat it.....

I have had the same response being ignored or trying to make up conversations , they all come to look at the bike and comment but deffo no bike crack ,
I thought it was just me ,Or bad breath he he , I think its the BMW stigma (posh twat ect) for the crack a few weeks ago I stuck 2 plain black circles over the BMW badges , I was amazed at the difference when I was out on the bike or at biker stops, lots of chat ect and as soon as people asked what was the bike , it was like being a Leper when I said it was a BMW 1000rr .

So new name Billy no mates

Try starting saying to yourself out loud every morning before leaving the house " I got enough friends " (obviously more are a bonus but sod worrying about not being liked because I've got a shit hot sports bike lol - it's a bit like being upset that everybody thinks you are up yourself for dating a hot girl!)

Lumpy's right, a bunch of knobs and not worth knowing. Bikers should stick together, makes no difference what bike you ride in my opinion. If I turned up on my first ever bike (Norton Commando fastback) would they try and compare that ?
But then I talk to anyone , lol

Back