What's the track day choice of tyre for these bikes?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muffking

Reaction score
Been running Dunlop KR106/108 slicks at the bottom end of Fast on my old bike, but not ridden the BMW yet.
Is there a preferred tyre and/or size for the BMW?

And DDC/DSC is all new to me. Do I need to recalibrate these?

been a vo2 man for a long time now,bigger working range (temp) than dunlops,last almost as long,grip just as well,get suspension set up correctly and wear just aswell also.

Vo2 seem to be the go to tyre, used to run the s/corsa but could never get a good wear rate, changed to vo2 and never looked back .... Using some scrub comp k at the moment, seem to last well but less grip.

I used conti track slicks this season and was very impressed by them....very good wear rate and when they do slide its not a snappy slide.

Im going to try v02s next year just because but wouldnt rule them out of your choice.

(im selling them if your interested :sneakiness:)

soft front med rear. personaly 120/200

bob at fwr is always best price for them

Same here re sizes and compounds ........... like everything else they've gone up a lot this year, ?85 a pair difference to 12 months ago.(bought 3 sets a few weeks ago and had a little cry after paying :biggrin-new: )

Dont be confused but vo2 soft (especially front) is for colder weather, medium below 12-15deg I couldn't get the heat in. That scenario, need to push to get them warm but having the nuts to do so at those temps with it moving ...

Latest posts

Back