DCT setup

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickglass

Reaction score
Hi folks, got my first BM after a few tears with Aprilia. It?s a track bike and been napped by Phil Crowe. First day out on it at Oulton I found TC really intrusive. Ended up in slick mode on -7 and still cutting in on most corners?
Running Dunlop Moto 2 tyres, gotta say rear is probably past its best but dimples are still visible. Tyre wearing very nicely and not cutting up. Running 21 psi hot. Bike doesn?t feel loose but buts probably because the TC seems to be coming in very early. It?s got the audible TC, very smooth but really killing corner exit. It?s fine when more upright and will deliver all the power.
Either a knackered tyre or TC needs some attention, any thoughts would appreciated.

Are you on a Gen 1, 2, 3 or 4?

I would expect Phil could update it to reduce the restrictions at lean.

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Hi folks, got my first BM after a few tears with Aprilia. It?s a track bike and been napped by Phil Crowe. First day out on it at Oulton I found TC really intrusive. Ended up in slick mode on -7 and still cutting in on most corners?
Running Dunlop Moto 2 tyres, gotta say rear is probably past its best but dimples are still visible. Tyre wearing very nicely and not cutting up. Running 21 psi hot. Bike doesn?t feel loose but buts probably because the TC seems to be coming in very early. It?s got the audible TC, very smooth but really killing corner exit. It?s fine when more upright and will deliver all the power.
Either a knackered tyre or TC needs some attention, any thoughts would appreciated.

Interesting.........I've got a Gen 3 which Phil unlocked / flashed the ECU on last year and I have to run mine at -7 / Slick to get good drive. The TC works fine - if it's much lower than -7 then I can feel / hear / see the TC working and I've wondered if it needs something as simple as the tyre sizes changing via RCK3 software?

I just wish you could buy the RCK3 module at a decent price...............anybody know a tuner in the North West that's good with that sort of stuff?

Maybe the Moto 2 tires have something to do with the DTC been more intrusive. Did you enter the radius of the tire in the RCK software? Maybe I must ask first...Is your bike RCK enabled?

Latest posts

Back