What did you get in the post today?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good move on the quadlock Alex. I had a bicycle quadlock mount on my GSA handlebars all the way to Portugal and back without issue. Really useful being able to see the phone just to know I've not missed something urgent. I got an email off them the other day saying they now do a motorbike bracket. Its really expensive. The cycle ones do as good or better job for much less imo.

Cheers, the locking mechanism seems to be a little easy to spin on my example. Is that the same for yours?
I looked for a quad-to-ram ball direct but can't see one.

Cheers, the locking mechanism seems to be a little easy to spin on my example. Is that the same for yours?
I looked for a quad-to-ram ball direct but can't see one.

I don't quite follow you, when the phone is locked in position there is no free play?

not exactly recieved in post but got my
new anti theft device for bike
mossberg-930-jm-pro-12ga-new-[4]-117-p.jpg
hopefully can reduce the price on insurance quotes im getting:friendly_wink:

Last edited:
Haha.. im waiting on the firearms officer coming to see me on Tuesday to renew my shotgun licence... best deterrent ever mate !

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

After my last 2nd hand (white) pair went yellow and I wore them till the straps literally fell off I finally got a new pair, the locking system on these is pretty epic.. Love these boots
7627c46c2fd27d65dc43961383913633.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Im on my second pair of Vortice Fridge... my 1st pair lasted almost 5 years. I replaced the sole plate and got my last year out of the last season..my HP4 rear sets wore them thru.. my wee mate bought a pair of Sidi Air..look identical but have a less fussier set up..might try them next.

Im on my second pair of Vortice Fridge... my 1st pair lasted almost 5 years. I replaced the sole plate and got my last year out of the last season..my HP4 rear sets wore them thru.. my wee mate bought a pair of Sidi Air..look identical but have a less fussier set up..might try them next.

they look a bit tasty them do pal
i think im gonna replace my old sidi st with some of them

Re: I love the postie today

Jay, you need to be getting a parcel from Apple.
Really enjoy reading your posts but Pleeeeease buy a new phone next! :chuncky:

Re: I love the postie today

Hi Ian

Carbon bst wheels, rotors , gearing ,chain etc etc
Will post up decent pics if manage to get on the bike, got a bit to do today
Marvellous. Can't wait to see pictures? Do you mind letting me know how much ? [emoji51]

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

?3225.00 all in . That?s ,
Carbon front wheel
carbon rear wheel
Talon rear sprocket
Afam front sprocket
Did chain
Brembo rotors front both sides
Brembo rear rotor
Abs front and rear ring
Probolt titanium disc bolts front x10
Probolt titanium disc bolts x5 rear
Next day delivery

From another source
Also got new M7RR METZ in titanium print ( letters coloured in silver) for front and rear from metzeller direct . Bit dearer than normal m7rr but hey ho limited edition an all that ... gotta spoil the carbons seeing first time rubber lol [emoji23]

My bike done 6300 miles so rotors up for a change so that expense was coming either way
Changed pads last week to brembo sc and man they bloody speak for them selves let alone on new rotors. In all fairness I use the brakes less than I should and regularly teach no brake days so the rotors quite good for mileage but for confidence especially with metal fatigue failures happening all the time I wouldn?t of gone over 7500 miles on them rotors . Personal choice as I know lad that does 12-15 k on his commuting

Jay
Hi Jay, wow man, unbelievable, truly amazing. Thank you very much for the comprehensive reply. Do you what the main benefits will be? What are you expecting?
Ian [emoji51]

BST Carbon Fibre Wheels

I weighed both my BST and HP wheels when I bought mine a couple of seasons ago. For those interested the weight comparison is below. The difference isn't that great and would probably be more significant if comparing them with the standard cast OEM wheels.

BST Carbon Fibre Wheels*

Front: 2.480 Kg
Rear: 4.002 Kg

HP Forged Wheels*

Front: 3.083 Kg
Rear: 4.333 Kg

* Measured without brake discs, sprocket carrier, spacers, sensor rings etc.

Overall the weight saving of nearly 1 Kg is beneficial as any reduction in unsprung weight is always a good thing. What it really does illustrate is just how much of a worthwhile investment the HP wheels are when buying a new BMW S1000RR especially if you intend on using the bike on track.

The aerodynamics are vastly improved resulting in turning will be so much easier, to fall into lean and hold the line is simpler due to the nature of carbon not flex where magnesium and alloy does. Shit if u hit potholes though as stand greater chance of breaking than those of alternative compositions. However standing start a carbon wheel should set off the line faster than the alloy due to the alloy allowing flex. Half alloy half carbon is answer to this but don?t like wheels that section and have to be bolted together . U have a bolt u have reason for failure.
There other advantages like smoother braking , less weight = less friction = less wear = less drag = less fuel = faster bike.. or something like that lol

Jay
Pretty good answer [emoji51][emoji106]

BST Carbon Fibre Wheels

The BST wheels do make a noticeable and positive difference to the BMW's handling. Steering is even more responsive and if anything direction changes are easier and require less physical effort. They are certainly a hugely worthwhile investment as a second set of wheels to compliment the HP offering that came fitted to my BMW. Whilst marginally better, what the BST wheels do highlight is just how good the HP wheels actually are. As for fitment I had absolutely no issues at all.

Latest posts

Back