Tyres for my S1000RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decisions decisions...

I have dunlop qualifier 2s on at the moment, which will be replaced by k3's when they are shot, just to try something different.
But i've just acquired a set of wheels for track... so the question is, which slicks to go for??

Oops sorry, yes meant Michelin Pilot Road 3's in my post (as opposed to Power 3's).

Just done a track day at my local circuit with the Road 3's and can honestly say I loved them, even preferred them to the Sport Attack 2's which I used on track last year. Had tons of grip and seemed to wear a lot better, but that could have been down to tyre pressures as I was running 5 psi higher in the rear this time.

Yes Cally, I've tried the Hypersport S20's on mine. wasn't a fan. Lasted me longer than other tyres but took awhile to feel warmed up. Feed back on the front felt poor but feedback on rear felt great.

Oops I've just bought some Ross as it was the only pair the shop had, I usually do about 2 track days on a set of tyres also so now im worried about how well they'll cope on track

Oops I've just bought some Ross as it was the only pair the shop had, I usually do about 2 track days on a set of tyres also so now im worried about how well they'll cope on track

You might absolutely love them. Everyone on here seems to like a different tyre. My favourites on the S1000 so far have been Pirelli Rosso's.

The H20's do seem to be a harder compound than the Rosso's, K3's, etc

Hello all. Having a part worn front fitted tomorrow just to last me about 700 miles until the rear needs doing then I'll throw on some Rosso's.

got a choice of:

Bridges BT021 - I know its a dual compound sports tourer and read horror stories after the soft compound side has flattened.
Dunlop Qualifier RR - Never used and finding a lot of mixed reviews but trying a new tyre does always interest me.
Metz Rennsport - I know this is slightly more track tyre with superb dry grip and very poor wet grip, i also know it's basically a supercorsa

I'm leaning towards the Rennsport because i love the Corsa's even though it will take hard road riding to actually get it to the temp it needs to work its best, but has anyone used any of the above on there S1000?

can't really comment on bridgestone or dunlops , rennsport? not sure they are same as supercorsas if anything I'd say racetechs were the same as supercorsas but yes pretty poor in wet! there still road compounds so should have no trouble heating up with road riding, as mention at top of post I'd be inclined to go with Rosso corsas as I know your bike is a daily ride, or what about Mitch 2ct for a all rounder?

I will go with Rosso's but this is a part worn to get me through until rear needs doing at same time.

The Rennsport are made on the same production line as the Supercorsa's same compound and everything (so I've read online from tyre review websites).

I went with the Qualifier RR and have done 100 miles on it this morning. Early thoughts, it turns in fantastic, better than any other tyre, warms up quick, but even though it's still a 120/70 it seems very curved and takes a lot of lean to scrub off a chicken strip.

I will go with Rosso's but this is a part worn to get me through until rear needs doing at same time.

The Rennsport are made on the same production line as the Supercorsa's same compound and everything (so I've read online from tyre review websites).

I went with the Qualifier RR and have done 100 miles on it this morning. Early thoughts, it turns in fantastic, better than any other tyre, warms up quick, but even though it's still a 120/70 it seems very curved and takes a lot of lean to scrub off a chicken strip.
It takes a very good rider to scrub off a front 'safety' :) strip

It takes a very good rider to scrub off a front 'safety' :) strip

I can normally scrub the right hand side 'safety' strip no problem, the left side I always end up with a little strip. Never known why i'm more confident on the right hand turns. but this qualifier RR has a small tyre wall and the usable part of the tyre seems to curve round for ever. I'll take pictures later, but I don't think a pic will show it as you would see it with naked eyes.

FWIW, Personally, I love Continental SportAttack 2's and the RoadAttacks too (but the Sports for the S1KRR). I've always felt safe on them compared to the Bridgestones I've also used. The main benefits are ZERO scrub in time. Easy tip in. Good wear. Confidence under breaking. Basically they do it all wet or dry.

Because I'm so happy with the Conti's I've not tried the equivalent Michelin, Metzler, Pirelli options...but I would be happy to...but that's it. Really don't fancy any others from the reviews I've read.

Had M7 RRs put on the HP4 rims today ready for snetterton on Monday. I deliberated about the SP V2s again but decided on the M7s after being caught out in heavy rain at a track day last year when the corsas were crap and spoilt the day. The M7 has treads that look more helpful if it turns wet:

apologies for the crap iPhone focus on the rear pic.

I've heard good things about these tyres. Wonder if they would have coped with the last trip to Oulton.

10272598_10152444740084800_1460756506429615301_o.jpg

I've heard good things about these tyres. Wonder if they would have coped with the last trip to Oulton.

10272598_10152444740084800_1460756506429615301_o.jpg

Thats what happened to me at oulton last year on the pirellis. Did 4 laps of what felt like ice skating then gave up.

Latest posts

Back