Tyres for my S1000RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K3's Are good. But in my opinion the Rosso's give more grip.

Bike is only transport for me and the rosso's work well in the wet, the K3's in wet are laughable.

K3's Are good. But in my opinion the Rosso's give more grip.

Bike is only transport for me and the rosso's work well in the wet, the K3's in wet are laughable.
k3's are fine in the wet IMO. It all depends on your riding style. Never once have they given me problems.

Rear 190/55/17 from same online tyre supplier

Metz K3 - £136
Conti Sport 2 - £122
Pir Rosso 2 - £120
Pir Rosso Crosa - £137

Not much difference in price really.

Back in 2011 When i replaced the K2 s on my first 1000rr i had to pay £400 all in for my K3s, Which shocked me ! (and the tyre dealer), But when i rang the BMW dealer to cross check was quoted £512 all in.

So next time i went for conti s £225/£230 fitted.

Price today for the contis £238 fitted.

Mine needs new tyres according to the BMW dealership, followed this thread, but no mention of Dunlop Sportsmart 2? Anyone tried them, local dealer is doing them at £235 fitted.....

Many thanks

Mine needs new tyres according to the BMW dealership, followed this thread, but no mention of Dunlop Sportsmart 2? Anyone tried them, local dealer is doing them at £235 fitted.....

Many thanks

I got Michelin's yesterday from the Bike show £250 fitted by Universal

depends on how you ride , personally I would always go for stickier rubber then them.

I didnt get on with the warming up time of the sportssmarts , the front slid even when warm and I didnt like em at all really
Other people swear by them , and they also get belting reviews.
Always preferred race tecs ( which i also think are a bit lairy in the wet) but in the dry :)

Hi. I am thinking Pirelli Angels when the time comes to replace oem tires. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Larry

I've heard it said that the Angels are the only bad tyre Pirelli make. Not too sure about that statement, but they are definitely more of a sports touring tyre than you'd ideally want. Why buy a superbike and hamstring it with budget tourer tyres? My sister uses them on her bike and they do have a pretty flat profile, so will slow up the steering as well.

I've heard it said that the Angels are the only bad tyre Pirelli make. Not too sure about that statement, but they are definitely more of a sports touring tyre than you'd ideally want. Why buy a superbike and hamstring it with budget tourer tyres? My sister uses them on her bike and they do have a pretty flat profile, so will slow up the steering as well.

Shug's right. They are a sports touring tyre. My uncle has them on his ZZR1400 and although he's knows they're not amazing, he's happy with the grip. I suppose if your only interested in lifespan then there a good choice.

Shug's right. They are a sports touring tyre. My uncle has them on his ZZR1400 and although he's knows they're not amazing, he's happy with the grip. I suppose if your only interested in lifespan then there a good choice.

Sounds like they would be better on my F800ST then. Any ides what would be good for the S1000? I would like something with good wet/dry grip but reasonable mileage. Is such possible? Thanks.

I really liked the Continental Sport Attack 2s I had until recently, did 4500 miles including one and a half track days, plenty of grip and (to me) very confidence inspiring. Just changed to Michelin Pilot Road 3s for the lovely conditions we've been having recently, loved them on the GSXR750 but not used enough yet on the S1 to get a proper feel for them. These have now been discontinued in place of the Road 4s which are supposed to last about 20% longer, slightly harder compound on the rear centre area (dual compound) but too early to tell if they're any good yet.

CSS use conti sport attack 2 tyres and say they are a great tyre , I have them on my bike and also think they are good

Yet to try PR3's, putting them on the Trumpet next month.

Pirelli Rosso Corsa's are brill :encouragement:

Last edited:
I had the pirrelli top ones Diablo I think could be wrong ! On my Ducati as its the 1198s tyre choice super tyre in dry fuuking terrible in wet ditched them and put the lower spec on for road/ race and they wer better tho the k3s I have on the BMW are a great all round tyre tho its a personal choice but I wouldn't put the pirrelli on in the uk with the rain we get lol

On my second set of PR3's got 8,400 out of them, no track time though.

Putting some PR3's on my bike tomorrow - bike has done 4000 miles on the BT016's it came with - rear is now squared off due to winter riding and little tread on it, plus I don't rate or trust them. Had the BT016s on my gixxer and they weren't confidence inspiring on that either - so seeing them on the beemer when I got her was a bit disappointing but couldn't stretch to replacing them straight away - however now can and hoping the PR3's will be a lot better.

ive just scrubbed in a new set of pilot power 3's and can highly recommend them.loads of grip and feel.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back