Traction fault. Any ideas ?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGodfather

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score

I was out at Monteblanco on a 4 day event. All was well untill the 4th day when I got this come up on the dash and lost the use of up and down shift. I was a able to still change gears using the clutch but with out using it the gear shift was just solid.
It would light up when getting to 7k revs.
I've just plugged in the GS-911 and no faults appear other than the obvious lights etc that are disconnected.
I cleared faults anyway and went through the learn gear position sequence again but all to no avail.
The fault comes up again running it on the rear paddock stand so not front wheel related.
But without actually showing a fault what do I do ?
Im off to Almeria in a few weeks and getting to a dealer is going to be tricky.

Last edited:
Was the traction control compromised at all? Did you notice if it stopped working? You?ll be able to do clutchless shifts still, just roll off the throttle a baw hair.

Don't know, didn't notice anything. One minute enjoying a session and then it happened.
Thats not much use on track when flat taps but downshift doesn't work either when throttles shut off.

I?m just wondering if it?s the shifter and the shifter only that?s at fault and nothing with the traction control system. Strange how it says traction fault if it?s just the shifter.

With regards to the clutchless upshifts it?s better than rolling off completely whilst using the clutch, when done properly it?s as close to a QS up the way that you will get.

I haven?t had any issues as such but one day when I was viewing the settings within ride mode pro the settings for race pro 2 were all showing 0 and were red, each time I selected a setting it would show 0 and wouldn?t allow me to do anything. After a few minutes it all went back to normal. Not sure what happened there but it was a one off.

I'll put standard shifter back on and see what happens then.

I had a issue a couple of years ago at Mugello where leant over on about half throttle it cut right out on me. When I restarted it it went into limp mode with the standard get to dealer message. Next day it was all good and its never done that since thank fook

Traction Fault. Any ideas?

Check the quickshifter by swapping it for the OEM one as it sounds like it may be faulty, especially as you have no codes showing on the GS-911.

I am assuming you checked the rear abs sensor too...did it happen after a tyre change?

It definitely seems gear shift related, whether it?s the GPS or the QS itself, my initial post had me thinking it was related to that more than any traction control issue.

Tried the standard shifter and dash still lights up with warning so can rule that out.

Interestingly though i noticed the electrical tape warn a way a little and I could see what I thought was a bare cable.

I peeled it all away to investigate and the little glass tube with copper fell out.

knowhere in the line it could have come from..
Google suggests a tracker lol

Last edited:
yea looks like a datatag module type thing, bleeps when scanned+has details of bike,owner etc

Just looked on the parts list to find sensor.
And its just like the new Alpha Racing part.
Ill get standard one for now as I don't have time to wait.
That mean the 23 has the Alpha part? Excellent!

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

That mean the 23 has the Alpha part? Excellent!

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

What I meant was I now know what the Alpha part is. I didn't realise it was a replacement sensor and not an additional part for the Alpha quick shifter.
I don't think its fitted to the 23 as standard if that was your thinking.

Latest posts

Back