Track suspension settings

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Evening all ,
I was just wondering if anyone would like to share a good start off point for track suspension settings. I was on track on and went round and round on playing with settings and my numbers are a hell of a lot different to what I?ve seen on videos etc.
2021 s1000rr with front potentiometer , fast group rider.
I know it?s a personal feel thing but handy to have people?s views.
Thanks in advance.

Evening all ,
I was just wondering if anyone would like to share a good start off point for track suspension settings. I was on track on and went round and round on playing with settings and my numbers are a hell of a lot different to what I?ve seen on videos etc.
2021 s1000rr with front potentiometer , fast group rider.
I know it?s a personal feel thing but handy to have people?s views.
Thanks in advance.
I?ve just bought a 2021 , with reactive suspension. I took it to Almeria without seeing the bike, and It didn?t feel that great, the preloaded was set to factory settings, 84kg rider. Tried to adjust but, it felt stiff. I have just bought the Alpha racing suspension kit. So I hope this helps. If not I?m going back to my Gen 3.
like you my pace was way off, from my normal,

Strangely enough, many riders I've met are not happy with it including me. Had it set up on track etc but had no feeling compared with my gen1, gen3 and my Aprillia rf I chopped in for it.
Made my mind up after Portimao if I wasn't happy it was going. 3rd day at Portimao started to get 'on it' and was pleasantly surprised. Conclusion was that I wasn't pushing hard enough because of the uncertainty, harder I pushed, better it felt. It stayed....

I had a look briefly, with some other guys, I asked for assistance. It never felt right, after adjustment. I?m getting the bike back this Sunday, and I?ll be getting , hopefully set up. First run out after the setting up of the bike, is Caldwell on the 3rd and 4th. I?ll let you know Alex.

Strangely enough, many riders I've met are not happy with it including me. Had it set up on track etc but had no feeling compared with my gen1, gen3 and my Aprillia rf I chopped in for it.
Made my mind up after Portimao if I wasn't happy it was going. 3rd day at Portimao started to get 'on it' and was pleasantly surprised. Conclusion was that I wasn't pushing hard enough because of the uncertainty, harder I pushed, better it felt. It stayed....
That?s what I was informed, it reacts better at speed, difficult when you don?t have confidence in the set up of the suspension, with an impressive 102k body mass. My Gen 1 had ohlins suspension, Gen 2 K-tech and the Gen 3 bitubo, with these bikes I understood the suspension and was confident in the adjustments. On that note, do I change the suspension.???.

That?s what I was informed, it reacts better at speed, difficult when you don?t have confidence in the set up of the suspension, with an impressive 102k body mass. My Gen 1 had ohlins suspension, Gen 2 K-tech and the Gen 3 bitubo, with these bikes I understood the suspension and was confident in the adjustments. On that note, do I change the suspension.???.

My gen3 was active and was completely happy with it, this gen4 is , just different...... I shall stick with the OE sussies mainly 'cos I really can't be arsed to get the spanners out nowadays.

My gen3 was active and was completely happy with it, this gen4 is , just different...... I shall stick with the OE sussies mainly 'cos I really can't be arsed to get the spanners out nowadays.

Yeah it?s just something I?m not used too.
I?m sure after , I get it set up it could be good.
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back