The Snetterton 8th August BMW Club Trackday Thread

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soofsayer

Forum Admin
Reaction score
One month to go folks. I think there are a few of us on this one....

Banners will be on show over the s1000rr forum pit garage if baz wouldn't mind bringing his ladder and some gaffer tape again :). All forum members are welcome (plus guests) so get parked up with the rest of us. ;)

A few of us are staying in East Harling the night before and will be in one of the two pubs in the village if anyone wants to join us for a drink/food.

Hopefully see some of you members either at the pub or at the circuit.

Funnily enough, I just booked mine this morning. Only 6 months since I booked the event itself... I am not in East Harling, but will try to join you on Sunday night. Failing that, will try to get space in the garage

Rick

Love too gents but I actually fly out to Austria for a bit of MotoGP that week.. [emoji849]
Just had an email this morning regarding a Bmw Trackday in September at donny. Anyone ever taken part? are they worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year's was very good. This year they're compressing the guys (and experienced girls) into two groups to give space for a girls group. Nice idea but may make track a little busier for most of us.

Last year's was very good. This year they're compressing the guys (and experienced girls) into two groups to give space for a girls group. Nice idea but may make track a little busier for most of us.

It will still be lower numbers than FE/MSVT/NL.

I didn't know that Rick, I haven't been paying much attention, I presumed it was the same format as every year with three groups. They've only been a handful of women at the previous ones I can't see how he's going to find 30/40? And I don't get the rationale for having a girls only group, plenty of girls ride better than some of the guys I see on track.

The numbers in the groups won't be much different than previous years, if they are significantly higher it'll be my last one.

The forms still list the 3 groups as Cautious, Intermediate and Experienced

Andy - my comments were a response to Skel's comments about the BMW Tyco day at Donny on 20th Sep, not Snetters.

Last edited:
Andy - my comments were a response to Skel's comments about the BMW Tyco day at Donny on 20th Sep, not Snetters.

I was also thinking you meant the BMW Club day at Snetterton, thought it was odd. Thanks for clarifying.

I'm in 2 minds about these. Did a Suzuki one at brands. Turned out they ran 4 groups so not as much track time. Think I read there were 160 places for these so 4 groups of 40

I'll be there on the 8th, can't wait! Have a box of crash protection bits to fit, and an exhaust arriving end of the week.

Last edited:
Now fully booked but I'm compiling a reserve list, normally the first 2 get in as there's a drop out or 2!!! R B

Unfortunately I have had to pull out of tomorrow's fun at snetterton. Any forum members going do take some pics and post your experiences - it'll be a great trackday as always with these BMW club days. Enjoy :).

That's a shame soof, hope it isn't a bike issue.

I can't seem to find any of the paperwork for this, I know Robert sent stuff - what time do we need to be at the circuit in the morning?

I too am unable to attend. Bike still isn't ready. Shame, weather looks perfect.

- Sent from Mobile

That's a shame soof, hope it isn't a bike issue.

I can't seem to find any of the paperwork for this, I know Robert sent stuff - what time do we need to be at the circuit in the morning?

Registration starts at 0730. This is a good time to aim for. The compulsory briefing starts at 0830. You kinda really need to be there for that.

Back