Tank Bags

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flatstick

Reaction score
Hi,
I am thinking of getting a tank bag for my 2015 bike and wondered what you all used? I want a little one just to put phone and wallet and a few little things. Any pics of what you have fitted would be great, not sure if want one that goes on full cap or mounts over air box so would like your feed back.

Cheers Dean

I've got the Wunderlich one I bought from Nippy Normans. It's a great bag and fits and removes in seconds and is perfectly secure at high speeds. It has an underside that I can describe as like a silicone which moulds to the tank. It's not too big and holds nicely spare gloves, mobile, bottle of water etc. Can't post any pics at present as on holiday.

I was out with Shad3 yesterday and he has one. Jimmy Mac and Soof who were also there agreed its a great bit of kit. I had a look over it and it fitted really snugly, so might buy one.

Everyone agreed.. it was excellent for carrying...phone
.keys..money..etc

stuarts phone

I have the wunderlich tank bag also, and it's a great bit of kit. Ideal for what the OP wants.

Like stuartb said. Most of the bag is waterproof however because it has a Velcro closure it's not completely waterproof. I've only had water in the bag over a 3+ hours of serious downpours and even then it was just a couple of petrol receipts. If you're worried just put the things in a zip lock.

The bag doesn't obstruct the dash, it stays put at speed, doesn't get in the way of the controls and you don't need to take it off to refuel.

Couldn't be happier.

Thanks for your help, do you get them from anywhere specific or just of the net?

Rainbow BMW in Rotherham are an official Wunderlich dealer, or t'interweb....

Thanks will have a look what sort of money as a quick search had them as high as ?200 to low of about 90. not to bothers about the carbon look one just plain black will do

I've bought directly from wunderlich. 120€. They've increased the price to 150€ though.

There are alternatives.
Givi and Sw-Motech do quick release bags which lock to a ring mounted on the tank filler. I have the sw-m daypack. Downside of these is that you can't get tucked out of the wind. Plus side you can lean on them ;)
There there is the BMW, though I'm not sure if they did a 2015 version?

- Sent from Mobile

Thanks All,
I have followed Soofsayer's link and the ?106 inc vat so will do some northern haggling and play a few deals of against each other and let you know hoe I get on.

Thanks Dean

contacted them and they do the normal for ?106 delivered same as Rainbow still waiting for few others to get back to me then I will ask for a forum discount.

Dean

contacted them and they do the normal for ?106 delivered same as Rainbow still waiting for few others to get back to me then I will ask for a forum discount.

Dean
Keep us updated on this as im also after a black one but Rainbow website adds on ?12.50 delivery which is steep

Hi all,
Quick update I have managed to get the black one ?96 delivered I contacted about 5 dealers and that's the best I could find

Dean

It's from balderston and ask for Dan, they have the carbon effect as well but did not get a price on that. Bowkers wanted ?133 for black!!!

Hi just order mine, Dan was very helpfull and said he would post 1st class today so I should have it buy the w.end.

Dean

Well Dan was true to his word and it turned up today and took all of 5mins to fit.

Dean

image_zpsoabk7otg.jpeg

Latest posts

Back