Gen 4 Tank bag

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickS1K

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Getting my shopping list ready for Excel in a couple of weeks. Wondering which tank bag you use on the bike and how you've found it? I have rear seat cowl, so can only use a tank bag.

Not sure about the BMW one, has anyone got Wunderlich Elephant bag?

So, I went for the Wunderlich in the end. As Alex noted popper fittings all around - even at the back under the handlebars, which should be more convenient than fighting the velcro strap on the Gen 3 bag. Here are some pics of them together.

The Gen 4 bag is narrower and is taller - not as taller as marketing pics suggested, it just fits the profile of the tank more, so has a more pronounced curve to the underside. It looks like it'll fit the same amount of stuff, which is good. When you open the zip it opens the whole thing which will have it's pros and cons vs the the old bag, where I liked the sides being slightly more difficult to access.

I have never suffered from tank scratch as others have reported from Gen 3 bag (which I have used since 2017), but started using some rubber webbing under the bag when in use, so it'll never bother me.

Attachments

• Above.jpg
    Above.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 90
  • SideBySide.jpg
    SideBySide.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Thanks for the update and the pics. I had the gen 3 bag and really liked it. I now have the BMW bag (smaller one) on my gen 4 bike. Its good since its smaller and carries most things but I still might spring for the wunderlich sport (elephant) bag since its a bit larger and thus maybe more useful. It also looks better :)

Here's a couple of pic on the bike, with the popper at the front showing. The bag is VERY tight on the bike, actually had to fight it a little to get the two at the front to locate their poppers. Tried relocating the screws, but they really only seem to have one way in. The Gen 2/3 bag I have was not this tight to fit...

Attachments

• On1.jpg
    On1.jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 59
  • On2.jpg
    On2.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 58
Hi is the wunderlich tank bag waterproof as I'm thinking of getting one ordered

The Gen 1/2/3 bag does claim to be waterproof, the Gen 4 merely claims to be water repellant. I haven't used the bag yet, so haven't tested anything, but I'm used to any bag letting water in, so just protect things as a matter of course...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back