BMW Tank Bag Small (1.5L)

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldwobbler

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
This is off my Gen 4 RR and is in excellent condition. Also fits S1000RR (K67) ? S1000R (K63). Its 1.5 Ltrs and is perfect for getting a phone and a wallet in with a bit of space left for a small puncture repair kit if needed. It fits to two of the forward tank screws (swapped out for the specific fasteners, included). No need to remove when filling up as it clears the fuel cap. I found it perfect for days out and it never budged. Includes a waterproof bag to put the contents in. These are ?96 new, will take ?50 including postage in the UK.

Screenshot_20231121_161421_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231121_161456_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231121_161536_Gallery.jpg

That's a brilliant wee bag, I've got the older model, it takes way more stuff than you think..

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Nothing quite as classy as a can of coke, but it will take a 440ml can of Tennents! And a tin of chopped tomatoes. Not ideal for the weekly shop but will cover your needs.

Screenshot 2023-11-23 122915.jpg

Checking the Ilmberger website the tank cover (which the bag fits to) is the same for the R, RR and M from 2019 onwards. No difference for the 2023 model according to Ilmberger so it should fit. The distance between the fitting points is 31cm if you want to check. That's the two forward screws on the tank cover.

Screenshot 2023-11-23 122132.jpg

Does that bag rest on the paintwork / stickers then if its so forward of the fuel filler cap? The tank bag for my Monster rests entirely on the full circle tank filler mount so does not come in contact with the paint. Id imagine a tank bag in contact with the paint / stickers would leave a nice little scuff mark after even one long ride.

Yes it does rest on the tank, as stable as it is, it does move. I put a microfibre underneath it (which is also then what I use to clean the visor/screen), to stop it scratching.

Does that bag rest on the paintwork / stickers then if its so forward of the fuel filler cap? The tank bag for my Monster rests entirely on the full circle tank filler mount so does not come in contact with the paint. Id imagine a tank bag in contact with the paint / stickers would leave a nice little scuff mark after even one long ride.
Nope, no scratches after 26K miles in all weathers. I just put a couple of patches of PPF where the bag sat. I hate the rigmarole of taking bags off every time you want to fill up.

Does anyone know if you can get replacement press stud type fastenings that are on this type of BMW small tank bag? I really like my small tank bag (& no problems with it marking the tank) but the stud fasteners are getting a bit difficult to use.

Does anyone know if you can get replacement press stud type fastenings that are on this type of BMW small tank bag? I really like my small tank bag (& no problems with it marking the tank) but the stud fasteners are getting a bit difficult to use.
Bit late with this reply, my Velcro strap was scruffy, so bought that and two of the Screws from Wunderlich, 12 quid and 12 quid postage from the Fatherland, this was in anticipation of selling the bag, currently as the eBay listing stands I might make 5 quid on the sale 😀

Bit late with this reply, my Velcro strap was scruffy, so bought that and two of the Screws from Wunderlich, 12 quid and 12 quid postage from the Fatherland, this was in anticipation of selling the bag, currently as the eBay listing stands I might make 5 quid on the sale 😀
Any chance you have the part number or what I need to search for, I haven’t had any luck finding the stud type fastener on the Wunderlich site. Ta

I sure do.. can you read this OK... BTW, the postage cost the same as the parts !

Attachments

• Wunderlich Part No's.jpg
    Wunderlich Part No's.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 0
Email me and I will link you in to the guys email I was dealing with, that way you can go direct with the correct part numbers, they'll invoice you and send out as soon as you pay it. [email protected]

Guy I dealt with was spot on, Nicolas Tanzer.. could be forgiven and mistake that for Panzer (Don't mention the war Basil !) haha

Latest posts

Back