Suspension turner near Bedfordshire

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P0u1

Reaction score
Hi,

I took my bike to the track for the first time last Monday, I noticed that my bike is getting a very light in the front on corner exit.

It feels like my rear shock is under sprung and my front is also feeling under sprung on hard breaking, so much that I'm not trail breaking like I normally do with fear of having no spring left on corner entry.

Does anyone know a tuner near Bedford?

Or if that fails someone who can sell me springs and let me know what stock spring rates are supposed to be?

if anyone is interested here is one lap of the day.

https://youtu.be/v3rxBdZz0dM

Last edited:
Hi P, I'm not sure if you've had a reply or found out any info on your question but I'm lead to believe the OEM rear spring is rated at 8.5KG/nm. As for a suspension tuner near Bedford, I don't know of any (I live in Hertford) but I do know that a K-Tech valve kit upgrade in the front (?550-ish) will make a pod deal of difference and Michael who sets them up is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. 👍🏻

Can't really tell from that vid, you're rolling off a long way from the corners (road riding) A bike with close to 200bhp will always go light on corner exit depending on amount of throttle used. Have you tried a cable tie on yr fork leg? That will give you a definite on amount of travel, you wont be anywhere near max travel on trail breaking.

1st thing I do when I get a fresh bike is have the suspension set for my weight, more important than anything else.

Looked like a good day, bet you can't wait for the next one !

I replaced the springs my self, stock was 9.5 in the front and 8.5 in the rear if I remember correctly.

Put 10w springs in the front and 15w oil then 9.5 spring in the rear.

Bike tracks much better now.

Thanks for getting back to me bikes sorted now.

Attachments

• IMG_20170819_111513.jpg
    IMG_20170819_111513.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20170815_195133.jpg
    IMG_20170815_195133.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20170815_195145.jpg
    IMG_20170815_195145.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Those spring rates seem too low for stock. So I presume a lighter rider had them swapped out when he owned it previously.

- Sent from Mobile

10w and 15w seems quite thick. 7.5 is stock on the front. So that must have slowed travel significantly.

What oil height did you set (air gap)?

- Sent from Mobile

You right 15w is high, I used 10w my mistake stock is 7.5.

The original spring rates are pretty soft, I spoke to a guy at ktech when I bought my springs, he gave me to stock numbers.

10w oil in the forks works well, I was maxed out on the rebound adjuster before I upped the oil weight, a few people in America run 15w oil.

Back