Suspension Calibration Fail?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hpck210

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced this I keep trying to make adjustments to the suspension and when I try a calibrate the settings all I get is Calibration Fail?

I?m seriously falling out of love with this bike it seems to be a electronic disaster! Think I?ll get rid as it?s nothing but a pain in the arse!

Has anyone else experienced this I keep trying to make adjustments to the suspension and when I try a calibrate the settings all I get is Calibration Fail?

I?m seriously falling out of love with this bike it seems to be a electronic disaster! Think I?ll get rid as it?s nothing but a pain in the arse!
The bike must be on the stand, engine off, no other weight on it.

I've never heard of it failing under the above conditions.

If you've just bought it you're within your rights to demand a replacement if the faults can't be fixed by a main dealer.

- Alex

Try disconnecting the negative terminal to allow the ecu to reset. If it won?t do it after this then will need a software update. Dealer should sort free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sucks is going and I?m kitting her out with some carbon five spoke dymags, Ktech internals and rear shock😎 at least the suspension will handle the power upgrade that way..

DDC Calibration

Follow the instructions on pp. 77-78 of the Owner?s Manual and you can?t go wrong. As previously mentioned if ?CALIB FAIL? is repeatedly displayed then it will most likely need a software update.

If you decide to remove the DDC and fit aftermarket suspension you must have it disabled first by your BMW dealership whilst it is still connected and prior to removal. If you don?t the orange fault light will be permanently illuminated and ?DDC!? will be displayed on the dash.

That?s no biggie as I?ll delete it with the HP Calibration kit... it?s gotta go the Ktech will be way better but saying that Bitubo are doing well with John Ingram😎

That?s no biggie as I?ll delete it with the HP Calibration kit... it?s gotta go the Ktech will be way better but saying that Bitubo are doing well with John Ingram[emoji41]
You could have bought it without DDC if you just intended to junk it for racing.

- Alex

DDC Removal

That?s no biggie as I?ll delete it with the HP Calibration kit... it?s gotta go the Ktech...

If you are going to remove the DDC then I certainly wouldn?t be worrying about calibration. One can only assume your building a race bike so just remove it and forget about it. Mind you I certainly wouldn?t have bothered buying a DDC equipped bike if that?s the case and saved the money to invest elsewhere. As for suspension everyone that I know in the top half of the SSTK grid is using K-Tech or ?hlins, and not Bitubo for a variety of reasons. That said for trackday and club level race pace the DDC system is fine once you have the correct springs and a front potentiometer fitted. It?s only when running at MRO and SSTK pace that you will likely run into significant issues with setup.

Re: DDC Removal

I had the same issue with my 2015 S1000RR. Whatever I did, the CALIB FAIL would show up. Returned the bike to the dealer and he performed a calibration on the workshop computer.

All fine now. However, while reading about the problem on the internet, I found some people mentioning that giving the rear suspension sensor some displacement with your hand, while the bike ignition is on can sort the problem too.

The dealer performed the calibration free of charge, as mentioned before.

Try disconnecting the negative terminal to allow the ecu to reset. If it won?t do it after this then will need a software update. Dealer should sort free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This definitely works, thankfully...

- Alex

Just been in to the garage to do mine, and it kept saying fail, whilst the bike was on the paddock stand, took it off and it worked first time.

Mine failed the other day too, after adding some preload.
However, after going for a very short ride and trying again it?s worked on both the side stand and paddock stands repeatedly

Latest posts

Back