Clutch lever/cable free play

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wull

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced rapid stretching of the cable or the free play of the clutch lever going way out of whack quickly?

The bike has been off the road since middle of October and I noticed the other day that the free play on the clutch lever was quite a bit, I?ve adjusted it so it?s where it should be but I?m perplexed to how it?s went like that, it must have stretched over time and I just didn?t notice, there?s no reason and I certainly can?t see how it could do that just from sitting in the garage, going by how it works the only thing I can come up with is it?s stretched a fair bit towards the end of the season, before putting the bike away.

If I recall recently @Katie had a very similar problem with the clutch cable free play and then the cable failed very quickly afterwards and left her stranded. Might be worth either detaching the cable and sliding it from the protective sheath and checking whether it all looks okay or even replacing it.

Found the thread, read it through to the second page. https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?17662-Ou-est-la-quickshifter/page2

Last edited:
First time I saw the cable on my new Gen 4, I thought it's thinner than on my Gen2. And I wondered how durable it would be.

Snapped around 7.5k and no i was coming to a roundabout when it went and felt no different just gave up few days before I was going Spain luckily it happened here and not there

Latest posts

Back