Throttle response

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpedge

Reaction score
I tested out a 23 S100RR today and must say that I'm confused by the throttle response. The bike still had the limiter activated so could not test fully. The new bike is far too tame in low RPM range. Soft and fluffy...great for traffic I guess but not the same as my HP4. Is this something to do with the electronic throttle vs my 'old fashioned' non fly/ride by wire throttle. Is this a mapping issue or can it be adjusted in the onboard menu settings. I tried road dynamic and race pro modes, all the same. Slow pick up then faster by 6k rpm, just getting fun and the limiter kicks in! Can anyone with M1000RR knowledge chime in if this is the same on the M?

Its not a vtwin. The throttle seems pretty immediate to me on mine. There will always be a flatter spot due to Euro 5 emmissions without a tune, but if you're going for a blat you would use the gearbox and get it spinning...

All my overtakes with the limiter in place seemed rapid enough.

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

My 22 bike does seem a bit fluffy under 2k revs, but it's only done 400 miles. And I'm hoping the first service next week might improve things. I don't remember my Gen 2 feeling the same.

If a mapped engine blew up, and BMW said no new engine because it's mapped that would be a shame.

I'm more than happy myself personally, my bike is running better now since it was mapped, the fueling was all over the place and now I have the performance im meant to have. Will i ever use it to its full capacity? i very much doubt it. However, Phil Crowe who mapped it sure as hell knows what hes doing

Isnt the throttle response adjustable in rider mode pro?
Also it would depend what mode your in.
Compared to my r1 the bmw throttles are alot softer

I've noticed the same thing om my new s1000rr, compared to my old analogue 954 blade. In all modes. The initial response of the throttle on the s1000rr is very soft but it has a lot more power once it gets going. The clutch bite is also a lot softer. But once you're out of 1st gear you don't notice it any more.

The slight inconvenience is, I have to use more revs than usual to pull away.

I tried my 23 in the most responsive throttle setting and its still really soft at low rpm.
Pulling away needs a fair bit of twist.
Compared to my r1 where i had to be careful not to cartwheel it when pulling off lol

Latest posts

Back