Snetterton 300, Saturday 14th July

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm booked for this, in Inters... and my first real track day for over a year..
Just washed the bike this evening after doing a day at British Suoprebike School recently to refresh the old brain!

Anyone can give advises on gearing and track surface at Snet ?

will 16-46 be okay ?

is it as abrasive as Silverstone GP ?

Hey 3B. It?s a bit tumbleweedy whenever I ?op? post, you might need to start a new thread pal.
My idea of track preparation is making sure the engine is connected to the wheel with a chain and that both tyres are black and round. Lol.
See you there. H

Hey 3B. It’s a bit tumbleweedy whenever I ‘op’ post, you might need to start a new thread pal.
My idea of track preparation is making sure the engine is connected to the wheel with a chain and that both tyres are black and round. Lol.
See you there. H

haha :)

which group are you in ?

Snetterton

Anyone can give advises on gearing and track surface at Snet? will 16-46 be okay?

Yes.

bmwbadboy119441 said:
is it as abrasive?

The surface at Snetterton is fairly abrasive but what really destroys rear tyres there is that you spend a lot of time on the throttle whilst at lean. Regardless of tyre pressures and suspension settings if you are not smooth and progressive with the throttle you can easily destroy a rear tyre there in a couple of sessions.

Re: Snetterton

...The surface at Snetterton is fairly abrasive but what really destroys rear tyres there is that you spend a lot of time on the throttle whilst at lean...
Thanks Ry. This is only my 2nd Snet: How do you think the abrasiveness compares with Brands Indy (which I do regularly)

Snetterton

It?s not too dissimilar but T11 (Coram) is where most rear tyre wear occurs. It sometimes manifests itself in what appears to be a tear but ultimately it?s where you are opening the throttle at lean for a significant period of time. It?s not good for knee sliders either!

Thanks for the heads-up on turn 11, Ry.
I'm also looking forward to getting some wear on the left side of my tyres, I recall it's pretty even at Snet.

Snetterton

There?s a very good mixture of left and right corners but be aware of cold tyres on the first lap. Even with tyre warmers Snetterton is not very forgiving if you get it wrong at some parts of the circuit as it is a very fast track.

Indeedy, I've heard crashing can be quite a kinetic experience at Snet.
I recall running off after the Bentley straight on my last visit. I bottled it at the bridge and just made the run off as was going way too fast.
{Insert here usual joke here re. matching brown and black stripes}

Snetterton

The last time I crashed at Snetterton was at 124 mph at a very wet T1. Running on at the end of the Bentley Straight is a fairly common occurrence on trackdays as is having an off track excursion at T5. T3 and T11 are places you really don?t want to be getting off the bike as it will be coming back to the pit garages in a skip...

Last edited:

The last time I crashed at Snetterton was at 124 mph at a very wet T1. Running on at the end of the Bentley Straight is a fairly common occurrence on trackdays as is having an off track excursion at T5. T3 and T11 are places you really don?t want to be getting off the bike as it will be coming back to the pit garages in a skip...
I'm scared to go now!

How bad was your crash? 124mph is a lot of speed...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

There?s a very good mixture of left and right corners but be aware of cold tyres on the first lap. Even with tyre warmers Snetterton is not very forgiving if you get it wrong at some parts of the circuit as it is a very fast track.
What tire compound would you recommend? It's going to be pretty warm tomorrow, up to 25C.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Snetterton

How bad was your crash? 124mph is a lot of speed...

To be honest it was no different to any other low side that I?ve had on track albeit quite a fast one. The bike and I just slid further than usual due to it being very wet! My airbag in my D-Air race leathers did deploy but I sustained no injuries whatsoever.

Back