Snetterton 300, Saturday 14th July

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like me. Hardly anyone had plates on yesterday.
I waited at the front but didn't see you on one of the early sessions...bike and leathers as per your avatar?
Yep. I was behind you at the start of 4th session just before lunch.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Blind b'stard, thats me. Just noticed I spent the afternoon with the blokes who owned the RR's in yer earlier post at their camp.
-
OOI, what lean angles did you get yesterday? I saw 50 for the first time ever on the left and nearly hit 60 on the right (no trolling please...these are good numbers for me).

OKaaay it was 58. Best previous was Brands Indy at 54. I feel an off is coming soon :culpability:.
BTW, WTF do you need to do to get your elbow down? This quiet little spanish guy at my last Brands session went around the outside of me on Clark with his elbow was down all the way like I was sat still.

Blind b'stard, thats me. Just noticed I spent the afternoon with the blokes who owned the RR's in yer earlier post at their camp.
-
OOI, what lean angles did you get yesterday? I saw 50 for the first time ever on the left and nearly hit 60 on the right (no trolling please...these are good numbers for me).

my fastest lap 2:08 had -52/+56. but I wouldnt call it the best that I can do as I was there for first time.

Untitled-1.jpg

I can do 60/61 easily, but my fastest lap at Donny 1:42 had -57/+58 readings.

Last edited:
OKaaay it was 58. Best previous was Brands Indy at 54. I feel an off is coming soon :culpability:.
BTW, WTF do you need to do to get your elbow down? This quiet little spanish guy at my last Brands session went around the outside of me on Clark with his elbow was down all the way like I was sat still.
Marquez?? ;)

- Alex

Elbow Down

WTF do you need to do to get your elbow down?

High lean, fast corner speed and good body position (hanging off!) will normally help you get your elbow down. There are several good places at Snetterton, especially T7, where you can carry enough corner speed to do it safely. Tracks with high curbs or positive camber also help. Although don't bother unless you have elbow sliders fitted as it doesn't do your leathers any good. I've managed it couple of times intentionally but it didn't make my lap times any quicker... and lots of times unintentionally (crashing!!!)...

Re: Elbow Down

High lean, fast corner speed and good body position (hanging off!) will normally help you get your elbow down. There are several good places at Snetterton, especially T7, where you can carry enough corner speed to do it safely. Tracks with high curbs or positive camber also help. Although don't bother unless you have elbow sliders fitted as it doesn't do your leathers any good. I've managed it couple of times intentionally but it didn't make my lap times any quicker... and lots of times unintentionally (crashing!!!)...
Thanks Ry. That's for aliens :dread:

Back