Snetterton 300, Saturday 14th July

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tyre Compounds

What tire compound would you recommend? It's going to be pretty warm tomorrow, up to 25C.

I use Metzeler Racetec RR race tyres and have both K1 (Soft) and K2 (Medium) front and rear options to choose from. The last time I was there track temperature was 22?C, and air temperature was 17?C, and I used a K1 front and a K2 rear. That said it will all depend on what the conditions are like when you actually get there and what tyre brand you are using.

Lots of S1000rrs here today
90b00b4edf1f5c039547acb44c7c9bbb.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I?ll pop over and say hi later. Having a doze now. Didn?t get much sleep as son#1 went awol last night. Twat. H
Unfortunately my day is over after 4th session.

Crappy exhaust.
7e400ed515e862bc78e632f61d1d4e16.jpg

Not good at all, mind this is why I dislike carbon cans, though my thinking is a fall and can is for the bin, whereas alloy, Ti will damage but still allow you back out.

Looks like its blown out rather than impact, gutted for you. I'm only down the road but don't have a spare can to lend you, sorry

Not good at all, mind this is why I dislike carbon cans, though my thinking is a fall and can is for the bin, whereas alloy, Ti will damage but still allow you back out.

Looks like its blown out rather than impact, gutted for you. I'm only down the road but don't have a spare can to lend you, sorry
There was no impact for sure. I would have felt/heard it.

I did push the bike a lot today, as my tires are finally doing what they supposed to do (plus im running with rapidbike race). I wonder if this muffler is too small for big ambitions of s1krr engine.

Hey 3B. You missed a big crash this afternoon in the fast group. Track closed for 45mins during 6th session, they opened a little side gate and kicked us all off, ambulance took him straight to hospital :upset:.
...and you and I thought WE were having a sh1t day what with your slip-on turning itself into a feather duster and my splitting headache.
FYI., my 17 year old son will be in the hospital bed next door after his behaviour last night :pig:

Last edited:
Hey 3B. You missed a big crash this afternoon in the fast group. Track closed for 45mins during 6th session, they opened a little side gate and kicked us all off, ambulance took him straight to hospital :upset:.
...and you and I thought WE were having a sh1t day what with your slip-on turning itself into a feather duster and my splitting headache.
FYI., my 17 year old son will be in the hospital bed next door after his behaviour last night :pig:
Oh my!!!

That fast group was pretty brutal, lots of unexperienced riders trying to push over the limits. During 4th session, 2 guys went off track in Brundle because they couldn't brake on time.

I'm going to be back there on Jul 21 btw

That fast group was pretty brutal, lots of unexperienced riders trying to push over the limits. During 4th session, 2 guys went off track in Brundle because they couldn't brake on time. I'm going to be back there on Jul 21 btw
The fast group was indeed quite lively.
Can't BELIEVE people actually run off at Brundle, I've NEVER done that (ahem).
I now remember why I don't do Snetterton regularly. I rode 430miles yesterday.

The fast group was indeed quite lively.
Can't BELIEVE people actually run off at Brundle, I've NEVER done that (ahem).
I now remember why I don't do Snetterton regularly. I rode 430miles yesterday.
Btw, was it you on 17 number plate with a forum sticker under the seat on left side?

Sounds like me. Hardly anyone had plates on yesterday.
I waited at the front but didn't see you on one of the early sessions...bike and leathers as per your avatar?

Back