Gen3 Arrow Comp Ti Full System

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kam187

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
As per my intro thread, I've picked up a Gen3 ex BSB prepped bike to do some trackdays and possibly racing.

Got my first shakedown on the bike this Sunday at Mallory.

Bike has full Arrow Comp Ti system (71140CKZ) but the seller couldn't give me any noise figures. It comes with a DB killer and i'm going to try and do a noise test on it at home before Sunday but does anyone have a ball park on DB's with and without the DB killer?

Mallory is quite generous at 103db but I know Donny and a few other UK tracks have 98DB days.

As per my intro thread, I've picked up a Gen3 ex BSB prepped bike to do some trackdays and possibly racing.

Got my first shakedown on the bike this Sunday at Mallory.

Bike has full Arrow Comp Ti system (71140CKZ) but the seller couldn't give me any noise figures. It comes with a DB killer and i'm going to try and do a noise test on it at home before Sunday but does anyone have a ball park on DB's with and without the DB killer?

Mallory is quite generous at 103db but I know Donny and a few other UK tracks have 98DB days.

How long is the can in MM?

Loud...........Someone I know got black flagged at Oulton with a can that size........my 350mm hex Akro won't pass the 102db test without a baffle and my 450mm MHP can tests at around 100db again with no baffle..........I'd expect that to be close / above 105db without a baffle.

Loud...........Someone I know got black flagged at Oulton with a can that size........my 350mm hex Akro won't pass the 102db test without a baffle and my 450mm MHP can tests at around 100db again with no baffle..........I'd expect that to be close / above 105db without a baffle.

I've got the baffle so hoping it will bring it down but guessing 98bd is probably unrealistic even with the baffle.

arrow are't the best for noise,especially if it's a full race system,very unlikely it will pass a 98 day.might be a good idea to pick a 450mm can (pipewrx are very good) to save thehassle oif noise test.i run a full akky system that will just about squeeze a 102 day with baffle,but it effects the power delivery quite a bit so run a 450mm pipewrx with no baffle,just about gets under the 102 limit,but sails through with baffle,and doesn't restrict the bike too much

Will a repack of the silencer help?

Not with the bike at the moment but guessing it will need rivets drilling out for a repack?

it can,but will only help so much.accoustafil (sp) is good stuff and quite easy to pack,getting the river bands back on,looking how they should is the hardest part

Will a repack of the silencer help?

Not with the bike at the moment but guessing it will need rivets drilling out for a repack?

It'll help but doubt it will get a 300m can to much below 105db without a baffle - no idea what it'd get down to with a baffle I'm afraid.

A 450mm / 50.8mm tube MHP or Pipewerx is your best bet for around ?250 > ?300 depending on the model you pick.

So did a rough test with my iPhone at @5.5k and 1m from the Exhaust as per ACU regs.

Without Baffle - 105db
With Baffle - 97db

I'll leave the baffle in for Mallory and get an accurate reading from the track but will ask them to do a check without the baffle so I know my two limits.

So did a rough test with my iPhone at @5.5k and 1m from the Exhaust as per ACU regs.

Without Baffle - 105db
With Baffle - 97db

I'll leave the baffle in for Mallory and get an accurate reading from the track but will ask them to do a check without the baffle so I know my two limits.

Not wanting to piss on your chips so to speak but I'd take the reading from your phone with a pinch of salt...........I've got a cheapish sound meter and that wasn't that accurate. Hopefully the baffled can will be below the limit of the day you are going to do - at least you'll know whats, what going forward.

Arrow Comp Ti Full System

That exhaust is designed to meet the FIM and MCRCB 107dB noise limit for race use. Full Arrow Competition race systems are notorious for being loud so even with the baffle fitted I would go with the expectation that you will likely be black flagged even if you manage to get through static testing. If you want to do UK trackdays your best option is to buy a longer exhaust to fit your system and keep the Arrow end can for the occasional Donington Park noisy day.

Latest posts

Back