Run in done!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countcatula

Reaction score
Hi all

Had my run in service done today, and wow, a different animal after being unlocked.

Got back and whilst cleaning her down, noticed this on rear brake caliper. I can only assume it is where at PDI they have glued the datatag dots down!!! Am not happy that on a 20k bike, they didn't hide them a bit better! Pointed it out to my dealership and they said they have seen a few like this (slap dashed on) from the PDI Centre. They stated that BMW will do nothing about it, am disappointed to say the least.

Also eventually got the rear seat cowl cover that I ordered from them 3 months ago, and it didn't even come assembled, don't even know if I have the right bits either!
fbe16af7f2e386a953d0f615cdf283a1.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Personally I wouldn?t accept that myself. It looks awful. Why spend ?20k on a bike only to have someone do that to it?
I agree, I am fuming and am in touch with BMW and my dealer about it

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

That is shocking !
Do BMW have a dedicated PDI centre ?
I've had brand new Kawasaki's, KTM and Suzuki,,,,,,,The PDI was carried out by the dealer. On the data tag I presumed they did that as well, though only the Suzuki and the BMW had it.

I was disappointing in how they had applied my Data Tag to my right front caliper (it was at the bottom at least) - on a rear caliper like that is really poor.

Latest posts

Back