Remap question

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

coxy

Hi everyone am new to the forum and have a quick question for people that have had hilltop remaps.

Has anyone just sent him there ecu to be mapped and does that work just as well?

and was there a diffrence in the shift assist or does it just feel the same?

thanks

No, never just sent the ECU, this would be just like getting a generic remap.
Shift assist didn't change for me, see no reason why it would.

Traction control, anti wheelie and ABS all improved. Power restrictions in first 3 gears not removed but improved upon dramatically (not removed to protect gearbox I believe)
I had tremendous power gains at 10k and an increase at top end (more due to a poor generic PCV map than an unbelievable ECU flash)

As above, doing anything like this blind, without the feedback of the bike, wouldn't ever be as good as having it done dynamically on a dyno.

I never got to ride my bike before it was flashed (at Hilltop) but, engine-wise, it does feel very good, no flat spots or poor response. Not sure about the power claims though!

Thanks for your replys guys!, when I spoke to the guy at hilltop he said he could bench map it with a better than stock map and then the bike need to be rode to let the bike set the fueling with the correct barometric pressure etc

as far as I can make out he uses the same map on almost all the s1000rr then does very slight fueling Tweeks

You send him your ecu he flash it send it back and then you rode the bike to adapt the fuel cells?
And what is the cost of the coxy?
I am from Greece and i don't trust anybody here to flash an ecu...

Thanks for your replys guys!, when I spoke to the guy at hilltop he said he could bench map it with a better than stock map and then the bike need to be rode to let the bike set the fueling with the correct barometric pressure etc

as far as I can make out he uses the same map on almost all the s1000rr then does very slight fueling Tweeks

I would agree with this as all bikes are essentially the same with very slight differences. Therefore you will have a better than standard map but not quite as good as a custom one.

Sorry for the late reply guys! It was 300 all in with postage bk to me within a few days!! I am going down to see Geoff at hilltop tomorrow (900 mile round trip) just to make sure it is good before I give my full opinion but the bike feels a hell of a lot better

Took the bike to Geoff yesterday the afr was spot on and needed no changes and it ran 202whp with 89ftlbs of torque 👍

Took the bike to Geoff yesterday the afr was spot on and needed no changes and it ran 202whp with 89ftlbs of torque 

What modifications have you made to the bike to get 202 at the rear wheel?

I recently had mine done at hilltop and it made 197.4 with 90.2 ft lb of torque. Bikes feels much better and is surprisingly a lot better on fuel. The only mods are de cat done by Geoff and a mwr air filter and the map. We backed the hp off a little in favour of a little more torque. I run an accessory shop down the road from hilltop and people are travelling several hundred miles to have him flash the ecu and that was made me decide to choose this route.

Latest posts

Back