PPF

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KMAC77

Reaction score
Hi all,

Has anyone put PPF on their bike by themselves? How easy is it? Specifically around the nose cone.

I was thinking of getting it redone by a company in York, but they never came back to me. If I do it myself I won’t be buying a kit, I was thinking the XPEL stuff which I would need to cut myself.

Be good to hear your experiences and thoughts.

Kris

Never done it but tried to do some basic wrapping myself which went wrong.

Think the pre-cut kits are better and designed for self install.

Saying that, it’s not liking doing a car so if you mess up a piece, it’s a cheap mistake to have another go.

Yes.
I used Second Skin from R&G. This is pre-cut.
This was the first time I had ever done it.
It is easy, but I found it very time consuming. I elected to do it over 2 days.
The hardest part to do, for me, was the front mud guard as it is a complex curve.
My only other comment is make sure the surface is clean, as impurities on the paintwork will look like air bubbles.

if cutting yourself can be a pain to get it spot on, theres loads of yt vids to help show you how to do it properly,, just needs patience

Hi all,

Has anyone put PPF on their bike by themselves? How easy is it? Specifically around the nose cone.

I was thinking of getting it redone by a company in York, but they never came back to me. If I do it myself I won’t be buying a kit, I was thinking the XPEL stuff which I would need to cut myself.

Kris
I make and sell the PPF for cars and bikes. Do not buy Xpel it’s trash overpriced and yellow. I got rid of them and started making my own film and kits.

I make and sell the PPF for cars and bikes. Do not buy Xpel it’s trash overpriced and yellow. I got rid of them and started making my own film and kits.
Been using XPEL and Suntek for years on my bikes and supercars. Never had a problem with the PPF and certainly hasn’t yellowed over time

I make chocolate teapots. They are far better than regular teapots as they don’t stain or discolour as they just melt after first use. So much better. I also have a factory in my garage where I’m perfecting my next amazing and overpriced product… chocolate fireguards. If anyone would like one DM me, but I probably won’t respond as I’m too busy searching pottery and fireplace forums as a new member posting about why my product is so much better than everyone else’s without providing any actual information.

Hi all,

Kris
Buy a pre-cut kit! Cutting XPEL is up there with applying vinyl wrap. It’s an absolute nightmare to apply on anything but large, flat, simple shapes and motorcycle fairings are anything but those things!

I make chocolate teapots. They are far better than regular teapots as they don’t stain or discolour as they just melt after first use. So much better. I also have a factory in my garage where I’m perfecting my next amazing and overpriced product… chocolate fireguards. If anyone would like one DM me, but I probably won’t respond as I’m too busy searching pottery and fireplace forums as a new member posting about why my product is so much better than everyone else’s without providing any actual information.
Fkn hell that made me choke on my coffee.

Buy a pre-cut kit! Cutting XPEL is up there with applying vinyl wrap. It’s an absolute nightmare to apply on anything but large, flat, simple shapes and motorcycle fairings are anything but those things!
I’m putting it on this once it’s back from being painted. Do you know where I can get a pre cut kits for one piece ilmberger nose cones?

I’m putting it on this once it’s back from being painted. Do you know where I can get a pre cut kits for one piece ilmberger nose cones?
Try contacting Eazi-Grip as they make pre-cut kits for most bikes/fairings. Studio81 Auto Detailing (near PHR Performance) may also be able to help and are very good.

Back