New 1000RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauly

Reaction score
I'm considering another new bike now. I bought my 13 and 22 1000RR's brand new and probably will buy new again. Unless something really low mileage turns up, with a decent discount. In the past there were £1k deposit contributions and even a £600 loyalty bonus a couple of years ago. Now it seem all that's on offer is a lower interest rate, which is of no use to me. So are the decent incentives a thing of the past? And are there any real improvements between a 22 and 24 1000RR.

Problem with BMW and Ducati is that they tend to out sell the competition so it's KTM and Aprilia etc that offer the largest discounts on new.
I've never been fortunate enough to negotiate a cash only deal so I'm not sure what you'd get but most dealers make money from finance agreements so their hands are pretty tied.

The last 2 RR's were bought around the end of the 3rd quarter, and I think both dealers were a bit short off hitting their target bonus. I usually pack up around mid October, so if there aren't any good deals around by then I'll wait until after Christmas.

I buy my bikes in the last quarter to the first quarter of the following year.
All used low mileage vehicles from the BMW network. Gen3, 245 miles. Gen5, 443 miles. F900R, can't remember.
Usually sourced north of me, ie, Manchester, Yorkshire as the bikes are much cheaper than in the south.

Usually getting a deal done on the last day of the month m, if they need it to hit their bonus target, can get you a deal. Cars are the same.

I think BMW sometimes give dealers a bit of support, to help shift bikes at the end of the year. Low £17's is where I'd want to be for a new RR, when it's freezing cold outside.

Last year (the week before the 73 plate came out) I negotiated £18k for a new bike on a 23 plate with akra can and the gold m chain. I wanted a bike with forged wheels but could only have one that the dealer had in stock to get the deal. I spent some time playing two dealers off against one another as well; I think there are usually deals to be had, but you need to be flexible on the spec of the bike and of course willing to spend the time nagging the dealers 😂

After a couple of black RR's I fancy a red one this time. I think BMW are taking the pee a bit, wanting an extra £300 for that though. Not sure the Akra can gives any more power or noise for an extra £700 either.

Yeah it's a bit crap you have to pay extra for red.
Performance pack not worth it. The Akra can has a welded in dB killer and when removed not any louder, due to cat.
And the chain is not maintenance free.

Are they still advertising the chain as maintenance free? I thought they had changed it to something along the lines of “reduced maintenance” because of it being utter BS.

My 22 bike had the endurance chain, and I only had to adjust it once in 4k miles, I lubed it regularly though. The standard chain on my 13 bike was knackered by 8k miles, despite lubing it after every ride. I've read the endurance chain is only around £100 if you find out who makes them.

Never changed my chain out of necessity, only choice. Mind you, prob ocd with maintenance
The chain on my first RR had a couple of tight spots in it by 8k. I used put it on a centre lift stand after every ride, spun the back wheel and lubed the complete chain while it was still warm. Not sure how you could be more ocd than that.

Standard chains are crap. Rot so quickly.
As an option on a new bike, yeah they are only £100. As a replacement, a lot more. The only thing that's different is the dlc coated rollers. Regina makes the chain.
My sprockets usually wear before my chain and that's when I replace it. I do like the DID chains.
I clean my chain every 600 miles, roughly. WD40 and tooth brush, then transmission oil.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back