PPF

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

Has anyone put PPF on their bike by themselves? How easy is it? Specifically around the nose cone.

I was thinking of getting it redone by a company in York, but they never came back to me. If I do it myself I won’t be buying a kit, I was thinking the XPEL stuff which I would need to cut myself.

Be good to hear your experiences and thoughts.

Kris
Hi. - just picked up your post. I’ve used PPF regularly on a number of bikes. Always bought pre-cut sheets which are easy to apply. Best applied to new unchipped paint. Black paintwork can show air bubbles if you’re not careful. Would never buy blank sheets as you will have to make templates for each piece or cut on the bike 😱. Pay the money for pre-cut sheets and enjoy the appearance and protection of your bike once fitted.

Pre cut sheets? That sounds like heaven - I would pay for someone else to do it next time.

My bike is a mix of Matt and gloss. I’ve asked a few places and none have come back to me. Guessing they don’t want a difficult job. I’ve bought pre cut to replace what I have on already, but it doesn’t quite cover what I want either. 1st world problems I guess

My bike is a mix of Matt and gloss. I’ve asked a few places and none have come back to me. Guessing they don’t want a difficult job. I’ve bought pre cut to replace what I have on already, but it doesn’t quite cover what I want either. 1st world problems I guess
What do you need? I do and sell PPF precuts

I ordered a set from Eazi-grip the other day. Hopefully that works out and my talent isn’t non existent 😂

I fitted mine yesterday. Took me 2.5 hours including cleaning the panels before application and I've never done it before. I installed it to protect factory bodywork from stone damage on track and any rubbing from transportation.

The kit had about 14 pieces and I was only intending to do the very front fairing (2 pieces) as I had assumed it was going to be impossible to get right, so was going to skip the complicated bits. It was actually very simple and had no issues, so I ended up applying the whole kit; full front fairing, headlights, wings and upper side faring.

Spoke to three PPF install companies and they all wanted to give me magic paint preps and ceramic coatings. Quotes were over £1k, eventually I got someone down to £770 for just the install of some film, hence the DIY approach. Very happy with results and the kit only cost me £104 for the frontal area.

@KMAC77 Looks like the same stuff I used. Just be careful if you use pressure hose when washing bike, as the smaller pieces can lift/come off.

Back