Please tell it its normal!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I meant, if it's not under BMW warranty, you'll be stuck with the resolution the dealer is offering as you won't have the rights afforded by the manufacturer cover...

The full manufacturer warranty is the most comprehensive warranty. After this has expired, the extended warranty offers less cover but includes all the serious stuff. Does anyone know quite how comprehensive the "Approved Used" warranty is?

http://www.marshallbmwbikes.co.uk/premium-selection/?section=benefits

Booked back into Welwyn Garden City as I told them what Maindenhead said and they said that is completely wrong....Don't know where to stand

It's getting worse!! Ahh...!
I think it's coming from the left of the bike if your standing behind it.

Getting loud and tappy
Mechanics said it was normal my arse

At the BMW dealers again, Mechanics have changed tyres and doing a full diagnostic for anyone who is bothered :)
Mechanic thinks it could be the cams. Will update tomorrow.

just sounds like the clutch to me, does it make the same noise in gear, put it on a paddock stand and drag the rear break a bit.

I would say pretty normal.

Yea I'm interested in getting to the bottom of this too, as I suspect it's difficult for us to fully appreciate the noise through the videos.

Hope you get a satisfactory solution soon Ben :).

Right, Got the bike back. Sounds like absolute garbage like its going to break down and 100% is not right.
Welwyn turn around and say to me it's normal everything in the top end of the engine is within spec. So why is it making this noise they couldnt justify it. Very annoyed with them that they give it back to me like this and won't go there again. Does ANYONE know anyone that has good knowledge and can look into this for me around the London area.

Thank you

They do sound like a bag of spanners mine is very noisy especially compared to my Hayabusa. I was concerned when I first bought it but two years on an countless track days it's no worse and still flying and rattling and clattering. I did fit the modified chain tensioner cap/nut as it used to rattle on first start up for a couple of seconds

They do sound like a bag of spanners mine is very noisy especially compared to my Hayabusa. I was concerned when I first bought it but two years on an countless track days it's no worse and still flying and rattling and clattering. I did fit the modified chain tensioner cap/nut as it used to rattle on first start up for a couple of seconds

I really wish you could hear in person, Having owned a 2010 before this one I know it isnt normal. Literally sounds horrible and even the mechanic said it isnt normal but then followed up with "I've heard many worse" and "just depends on how the engine was put together"

I know it isnt right, It over powers the exhaust and when it's hot jesus it sounds bad

I really wish you could hear in person, Having owned a 2010 before this one I know it isnt normal. Literally sounds horrible and even the mechanic said it isnt normal but then followed up with "I've heard many worse" and "just depends on how the engine was put together"

I know it isnt right, It over powers the exhaust and when it's hot jesus it sounds bad

Mine is much quieter if I pull the clutch when you release it it sounds terrible, I was expecting a silky smooth German engineered engine when I bought it, was a real shocker when I started it up

Back