2011 S1000RR engine problem

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abc123

Reaction score
Hi. Don't know if this is the right sub forum, and english is not my first language but i will try my best and hope you understand.

My bike suddenly started running like shit and sounds like an R1 while cylinder #4 is not running. The bike has no problem starting up, but obviously idling rough. While driving it runs like shit, but on full throttle it can suddenly start running on all cylinders for a few seconds before running like shit again. All spark plugs and the coil for cylinder #4 is replaced but still the same issue. Also drained the gas tank and put in new gas. Taking the power commander off didn't help either. Haven't done a compression test yet, but since it runs normal for a few seconds on full throttle i assumed that the cylinder is ok(?). Really don't know what to do or look for now and would love some advice.

The S1000RR has 2 banks of injectors, 1 bank is used for low rpm, fine control at low RPM. If the engine comes to life with revs it would make sense that one of those smaller injectors is blocked/faulty/needs a clean

Hi. Don't know if this is the right sub forum, and english is not my first language but i will try my best and hope you understand.

My bike suddenly started running like shit and sounds like an R1 while cylinder #4 is not running. The bike has no problem starting up, but obviously idling rough. While driving it runs like shit, but on full throttle it can suddenly start running on all cylinders for a few seconds before running like shit again. All spark plugs and the coil for cylinder #4 is replaced but still the same issue. Also drained the gas tank and put in new gas. Taking the power commander off didn't help either. Haven't done a compression test yet, but since it runs normal for a few seconds on full throttle i assumed that the cylinder is ok(?). Really don't know what to do or look for now and would love some advice.
These ECU's have problems with the coil drivers and the injector drivers.

I have provided cloning service to several people to resolve these dead cylinder issues when all else has already been tried. ( coils, fuel, plugs )

The 2010 and 2011 have the 388 version ECU and it can be cloned from your bad ECU so your VIN and factory build options are maintained.

Latest posts

Back