Do TST rear lights pass an MOT?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickS1K

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Like many I have put TST lights on my bike. I have never been too sure that they are strictly legal, but I asked some policemen at the bike show and they weren't bovvered at all.

There must be loads of bikes that have been MOTd with them by now and I haven't seen anyone complain, but I was at Loomies yesterday and a couple of lads told me they'd been failed for similar lights on other bikes (neither had a BMW, so may not have had TST).

So... has anyone had any problems getting an MOT, either at strict/BMW place, or did you go to a more... pragmatic... establishment?

Cheers

Fine for MOT, MOT only states working correctly and clear and visible. TST are defiantly clear and visible

The lower number plate bracket might be difficult as need reflector fitted and depends on tester.

I have the high number plate bracket, so i'll be ok.. indeed, my bike is a 21 so i don't even need to worry about the MOT til next year, it was just the chat at the weekend got me thinking.

re reflector, that'll get fitted next year in time for the MOT. My Gen 2 had a reflector stuck on it by an MOT station a few years ago so that it passed - they put it on the right hand side of the plate. Last year I was told (different place) that it should be in the middle of the plate...

Latest posts

Back