oil leak....... anyone had this?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DL84

Reaction score
Hi guys,

well the bikes sprung an oil leak, looks like it's coming from the cam cover? anyone else had this problem?
it's not to bad just weeping slightly, still a pain in the arse tho........

I think you are supposed to change the gasket if you have valves checked

maybe wash it off and see how quickly it comes back?
then try nipping up the cover bolts.
From the bill I had for my last (18k) service I think there are 2 gaskets about ?40 if you need new ones

cheers mate thanks for the info , I will get a better look at weekend and torque the bolts to spec , I did give it a wee wipe and it came back the next day :concern:

Hi DL84 oil leaks only get worse the gasket is saturated it will only leak more as time goes by, get it sorted sooner than later

I fairness to the bike it was totally standard and mint when I bought it, with 6000 miles on her, I suppose I do use her quite hard revved to the red line etc most rides out with the boys , well into 3 figures on our favorite closed private road...... but that's what there built for right?

It's not impossible for a gasket to fail, these things happen. I doubt it's anything you've done, just shit happens, and needs fixing.

that's interesting Marzy at least I am not the only one lol, I take it it will be a warranty job? does he have any idea what caused his leak?

Back