oil leak....... anyone had this?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some man Stuart cheers fur that , canny down load the service manual as a don't have a pc, no way it would fit on a phone I guess?

Last edited:
Nae bother mate did you look it over and get the right setting ?

had a wee look Stuart, but canny see cam cover , there's lots of stuff in there that is way over ma head lol , might just be me

cheers for your help stu , don't go to any hassle won't be changing the gasket for a week or two yet

your a legend Stuart thanks for that mate, I am have done a bit of reading up looks like a proper c@#t of a job right enough..... baws

your a legend Stuart thanks for that mate, I am have done a bit of reading up looks like a proper c@#t of a job right enough..... baws

See how much dealer would charge i couldnt be arsed doing that job... do the donkey work like the plastics n that.. might save you an hour or two labour... all for a two bob gasket... reminds me of the radiator bypass hose in a mini engine... nightmare of a job for something 2 inches long.. ive done two.... haha just googled this... ahhhh the memories.. sorry bit off topic but the pain ill never forget

http://www.theminiforum.co.uk/forums/topic/75734-bypass-hose-replacement/

Last edited:
Mine has decided to start leaking as well Davey. Seems to be in the same place as yours, did 300 miles on it yesterday, only noticed it when i got home. I will be booking my 18,000 mile service with Stephen shortly so will get it replaced then when they do the valve clearances.

bugger iain we must just have bad luck mate , doesn't seem that common , mine is just weaping ever so slightly, how bad is yours? I am going to replace myself soon, going to get a better look today and torque up the cam cover bolts when am fitting new chain and sprockets , hopefully I can get away with it for a week or so , want to get out and not miss the good weather lol

must be the time for all the 2011's to go maybe they hold up for a certain amount of years pal hahaha. I had a spot of oil on the fairing yesterday when i got home around 4pm, wiped it away and checked again at 7ish and there was another spec. Non this morning though, its on the left hand side fairing where the big air vent is. Good luck hopefully it holds long enough for you to get out. Should be fine if its just a small leak i think mine is quite bad so i wont be using it much till its sorted. Just need to gather some money to get it in for its service, got a stag doo in benidorm in 2 weeks then Moto GP in barcelona start of June so they take priority :(.

lol ano it's murder mate always something to take your cash, oil leaks definitely the same place.

I had the same oil leak with mine but the amount was way less than the pics. When I checked the valves I replaced the bolts in the upper part of the valve cover and problem solved. If you do not want to replace them you can just put a bit of sealant in the bolt that has the leak and it will fix your problem.

I had the same oil leak with mine but the amount was way less than the pics. When I checked the valves I replaced the bolts in the upper part of the valve cover and problem solved. If you do not want to replace them you can just put a bit of sealant in the bolt that has the leak and it will fix your problem.

good to know buddy cheers , did you change the gaskets?

well I nipped up the bolts and the slight leak has seemingly stopped for now...... I will keep my eye on it and change the gaskets eventually

torque to spec stu 10nm , seems ok hope I can enjoy some of this amazing weather you been out much mate?

torque to spec stu 10nm , seems ok hope I can enjoy some of this amazing weather you been out much mate?

Aye...done two blasts Sat and Sun up the 82/85 Oban lochgilphead Inverary.. ridden them stacks of times and never tire of them... Oban to Lochgilphead and Inverary is superb right now as you can see through the hedges for oncoming traffic.. off out on a big day tomorrow with my wee mate.. probably do A86 to Dalwhinnie or Mallaig Davy.. ill take some pics n post them up tomorrow mate

nice on stu love all those roads , bloody shit been stuck in work through most of this nice weather ffs

Latest posts

Back