Oil change, which oil?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chriskibbledj

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a few days off work so I'm going to give the bike an oil change, only done 1500mile since last service but sat over winter with not many long trips I just want to freshen it up.

Iv fund the Castrol Power Racing 10w40 on eBay for ?34.99 delivered that seems reasonable (4 litres) so I was going to with this. Any objections? Any one used this before?

Cheers in advance

Yes, for the first 12,000 miles I used the oil recommended by BMW Which costs a fortune, but since then 6 oil changes later I have used Castrol power racing 10w40. Bike runs sweetly, I know a lot of people who race use the same.

Last edited:
For a track S1000RR, a 10w-40 is ideal, but in a road one, I would use a 5w-40.

Last edited:
I wouldn't put car oil in a highly tuned and expensive bike to save a few quid. Castrol does not recommend that oil for bikes, so I wouldn't either. YMMV

just read the description, lol purhaps i should of done that before i posted the link..

As premium brand motor oils are quite expensive, there are a lot of 'fake' premium brand oils being sold. Always buy from a reputable seller. Cheap oil isn't cheap if you're being overcharged for far cheaper oil, and even less so if it damages your engine.

Latest posts

Back