New tyres on 2015rr

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flatstick

Reaction score
Hi all,
Well the Bridgestone's on my 2015rr have given up the ghost after just 950mls so am looking for some replacements, I have bought super corser scubs of my mate in bsb for the past 8 years with no problems. contacted him today about getting a set and he said they only do 180 or 200 rears.
I have std wheels on mine but know the forged wheels come with 200 rear, so wondered if a 200 can be fitted to std wheels and also read somewhere about having to re-calibrate the electronics, has anbody done this yet?

Dean

Ran 200 on my '10 with no problems and those wheels fit my '15. I have the forged wheels, ran wets on my spare (standard wheels) went into calibration but came up failed for some reason, mind you it was a last minute thought so prob cocked it up lol but had no problems. Need to read the instructions as I will have to ;)

Last edited:
hi there regarding the calibration i have altered my preload and as to the manual states on stand or sidestand re calibrat
well i run the calibration on the stand and it failed so ran again on sidestand and worked fine just thought id mention it in case anyone else had tried

Hi read the book, but does not say needs doing for tyres just suspension but can't find where I read about doing it for tyres.

Dean

There was a thread about changing to the 200 rear on standard rims before. The ddc is calibrated at the factory for the tyre size, and the recalibration is done by the dealer if you change size. It makes sense, changing the rear size will change how the bike behaves and the ddc will need to be adjusted for it. I think the dealers were waiting for the relevant software from Germany to be able to do the calibration changes, due sometime soon.

There was a thread about changing to the 200 rear on standard rims before. The ddc is calibrated at the factory for the tyre size, and the recalibration is done by the dealer if you change size. It makes sense, changing the rear size will change how the bike behaves and the ddc will need to be adjusted for it. I think the dealers were waiting for the relevant software from Germany to be able to do the calibration changes, due sometime soon.

i spoke to bmw Manchester today about different tyres and told that a 200 will not fit a std rim

It does fit a standard rim - I have a 200 fitted! The manual says the dtc (traction control) needs re calibration for a 200 - it kicks in earlier otherwise. My local dealer has apparently re calibrated mine.

Can I just say that the Supercorsa's on my cast wheels (200 section) are lasting really well. Covered 1500 miles so far and another 1500 left I Wrekin. Wearing evenly across the tyre with no squaring off and I'm fairly heavy with the juice handle too.

Can I just say that the Supercorsa's on my cast wheels (200 section) are lasting really well. Covered 1500 miles so far and another 1500 left I Wrekin. Wearing evenly across the tyre with no squaring off and I'm fairly heavy with the juice handle too.

totally agree with you marzy about 1500 on mine and still looking real good, I thought they would be fooked after a 1000 im impressed

I am really really impressed with these tyres. I'm going to Almeria in Sept with them.

So you have a 200 on std wheels? God knows what BMW are on about then!! wish mine had come with corsas's

Dean

No Flatstick, they are cast wheels which are ?1200 extra. The standard wheels have a 190 fitted the cast wheels have a 200 section tyre.

You don't need to re calibrate for different tyres, mine is a sport with forged wheels and 200 Super Corsas, I rode at Almeria at Easter and fitted Metzeler Comp K slicks, rear is a 190/50 and had no problems with DTC.

i called BMW before I went, they said it will be fine and they can't calibrate anyway, only factory can do it.

My Super Corsas also lasting well, about half worn with 1500 miles, although about 300 of those were on the slicks

Mark

Hi all,
Well the Bridgestone's on my 2015rr have given up the ghost after just 950mls so am looking for some replacements, I have bought super corser scubs of my mate in bsb for the past 8 years with no problems. contacted him today about getting a set and he said they only do 180 or 200 rears.
I have std wheels on mine but know the forged wheels come with 200 rear, so wondered if a 200 can be fitted to std wheels and also read somewhere about having to re-calibrate the electronics, has anbody done this yet?

Dean
Pirelli do a 190/55 and 190/50 in the supercorsa. I'm going for them on my standard wheels once the oe bridgestones wear out!!

You lost me with the cast wheels, yours are forged.
the forged wheels are the standard ones with the bike. The cast are the optional extra lightweight ones.
Forged are 190 and cast are 200. Because the rim size is different they don't impact settings.

Latest posts

Back