New tyres on 2015rr

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just read this entire thread and can see the confusion so let me clarify....

Forged wheels (ie the ones you pay extra for) come with a 200 section Pirelli tyre.

Non-forged wheels (ie the ones you DONT pay extra for) and standard on all 2015 BMW S1000RR (whether sport or not) come with a 190 section tyre - either Bridgestone S20Rs or Metzeler Racetec K3's pending on what was shipped from BMW at the time.

Whichever model you buy the tyres care calibrated with the DDC from the factory. Dealerships however can actually re-calibrate (so BMW dealers have told me) as you can buy the HP forged wheels at a later stage but its nearly twice the price than if you buy when ordering your bike in the first instance.

Hope that makes sense and if I am wrong then please correct me!

the forged wheels are the standard ones with the bike. The cast are the optional extra lightweight ones.
Forged are 190 and cast are 200. Because the rim size is different they don't impact settings.

No, the standard 190 wheels are cast, the optional lightweight 200 wheels are forged.

Well I have super Corsas on mine and have done 3000 miles on them and still plenty of life😄
to be honest I expected them to be bald by now,so I'll be getting them again

Well I have super Corsas on mine and have done 3000 miles on them and still plenty of life
Me too. They are fantastic.

Well I have super Corsas on mine and have done 3000 miles on them and still plenty of life

I don't get this. I had SCs on my HP4 new and they lasted 2000 miles, the last few miles I was deliberately taking it easy to run them a little longer. Great tyre but short life, and crap in the wet.

so how are you guys getting 50% more mileage using them on a bike that is supposedly more powerful and heavier? Is the dtc saving them by being more intrusive? Confused.

Well my Bridgestone S20 are not going to last anywhere near that!! But on about SC, I ran ex BSB superstock and S sport SC & Race tech scrubs on my K5 1000 for about 8years and never had so much as a slide or anything running them all year round in Rain Frost and even when snow on the fields. they always warmed up quick and had loads of feedback and cost about ?70 a set now ?85, the k5 came with bridgestones and they lasted 1200miles.
The reason I started this thread is that I cant get 190 only 200 or 180, I used to run 180 on the k5 even thought think std was 190 and never had an issue but on the BM its the electronics that are putting me off trying it.
I have got some Dunlop sportsmax D212GP Pro 190s to try but I'm a bit reluctant as don't have much feedback on them of anyone on here has ever tried them.

Cheers

Dean

Well trust me when I say I haven't been riding slow��
i never rated pirrelis because of there short life but these are awesome

A lot of tyre wear is down to suspension quality/setup according to the experts. I believe this is why the Pirelli's are working well on the BM. Yesterday I went out in "user mode" with engine on Slick, DDC on Slick and DTC on rain. The TC light was flashing at me and the power was dipping on 44 degree's of lean, and it felt sooooooo good. Try it!
Old TC systems cut cylinders, feels like the BM close's the butterfly's. Love all this stuff.

A lot of tyre wear is down to suspension quality/setup according to the experts. I believe this is why the Pirelli's are working well on the BM. Yesterday I went out in "user mode" with engine on Slick, DDC on Slick and DTC on rain. The TC light was flashing at me and the power was dipping on 44 degree's of lean, and it felt sooooooo good. Try it!
Old TC systems cut cylinders, feels like the BM close's the butterfly's. Love all this stuff.

Hi,
Was it wet,I have mine in user mode but Dtc in race backed of to -3 and the bloody thing still kicks in. I am hoping it's just the tyres as is a pain in the arse.

Dean

Hi,
Was it wet,I have mine in user mode but Dtc in race backed of to -3 and the bloody thing still kicks in. I am hoping it's just the tyres as is a pain in the arse.

Dean
no flatstick it was dry and warm mate. I think the electronics were going "bloody hell mate you can't possibly lean with this much throttle in the wet"

i agree that setup will have an effect on tyres without doubt, as will rider style etc. 50% + more miles is a big difference.

Bmw dtc: "the engine controller initiates a corresponding reduction to the drive torque by decreasing the ignition angle, intervening in the injection, and modifying the position of the throttle valve"

If you are running in rain mode for the dtc I would imagine you will get far less wheel slip/more intervention = less tyre wear.

I don't normally run it in User mode, I run it in Sport 99% of the time

Latest posts

Back