New bike mods

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adcooper

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm hoping for some advice and thoughts due to your experiences.

My S1000RR is in for its first service next week, I already have a full Akrapovic ti system with long carbon can and a PC5 in the garage awaiting fitment. I have read a lot of the threads regarding ECU remaps at Hilltop and alike and PC5 maps with both pros and cons.

Just thinking with the bike only four weeks old and well within the warranty would it be best to go down the PC5 route so it can be returned to standard if needed?

For those of you that have a PC5 I have been told that the HM quickshifter plugs straight into the PC loom is this correct?

Last is with so little mileage would you fit the exhaust and PC with a base map, then when the bike has done 1000 - 1500 miles then have a custom remap?

Thanks for any replies in advance

Take it to a Dino if you are keeping the Pcv
Generic maps isn't the way to go....
I also wouldn't remap a new bike , unless it could be easily returned

Yes going to keep the PCV so I can take it off for any warranty issues ;-). Want the exhaust on but was just going to put a base map on for a 1000 miles or so to help let the bike free up a bit before getting a custom map, not a good idea?

I had a remap and when i took it for a service they did not say anything, I dont think they knew as everything showed as normal other than an exhaust servo that was disconnected.

?? What's that?
Full details hopefully next week depending on when I can get some dyno time in.

I have been running my bike with a full system without a PCV for about 200 miles so far will not major issues. I am sure it is not running as efficiently as it could be but that will be fixed shortly :).

John looking forwards to the update!

Rich how long you ran it like that for?

About 500 miles fuel consumption ok no concerns goes well not really arsed about spending £400 on a few hp not gonna feel it. Just run super unleaded all good.

Super won't make a blind bit of difference if it's lean. That'll just help if the timing is too advanced.

If I were you, I'd just have a power run on a dyno to measure it's not running too lean. Just to be on the safe side. Can make an awful mess of an expensive engine and you might not be noticing any effects yet...

Edit - okay, first comment not strictly 100% true - if it's pinking by just a little cos the mixture's leaned off, then super might bring it back to a safe level. Doesn't change the fact that it might be running too lean without you knowing it - a quick run up on a dyno will be a lot cheaper than potentially dropping exhaust valves if they're overheating...

Last edited:
Super won't make a blind bit of difference if it's lean. That'll just help if the timing is too advanced.

If I were you, I'd just have a power run on a dyno to measure it's not running too lean. Just to be on the safe side. Can make an awful mess of an expensive engine and you might not be noticing any effects yet...

Edit - okay, first comment not strictly 100% true - if it's pinking by just a little cos the mixture's leaned off, then super might bring it back to a safe level. Doesn't change the fact that it might be running too lean without you knowing it - a quick run up on a dyno will be a lot cheaper than potentially dropping exhaust valves if they're overheating...

Hmm, good advice me thinks....

Latest posts

Back