New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must of hurt some ppl lol
they like my badass comment don’t they!
woop woop 

No not at all, I found it funny. What amused me is that your only criteria for buying a bike is how it looks. Asthetics are personal preference, your opinion is just that. The original gen1 got slated for looks, as did the gen3 (by the gen 1 and 2 owners), so it really is no surprise that the gen4 is getting the same treatment.

Like every tool I buy, I want the best tool for the job, I am interested in how it performs which is based on facts, and it is looking quite promising.

On the subject of brakes. I get that Brembo have done a great marketing job on everyone and we are all brainwashed into thinking that they are better than anything else, but that is simply not the case (as has been experienced with pads on this forum). Brake calipers are not the most complicated items to design and build, and BMW have massive resources available to build their own so they have chosen to do so. I expect they are less expensive, probably because they dont have to pay brembo a margin to supply (I wonder what brembo are thinking about this), and they will no doubt roll out the R&D across the range of bikes to achieve even better economies. Will they be better or worse than brembos? Who knows yet, but without proper testing its just opinion with no facts. Braking performance and feel is massively influenced by pad choice so I will reserve judgement until I have had the opportunity to try a few variables.

I think the only people really bothered about the new gen4 are HP4 Race owners, the gap between the two is not enough to warrant the ?45k premium IMO.

every ones taste is different
but that’s my preference on purchasing a road bike is the looks.
And it gotta look shit hot and gotta say again this new model looks shite.
all bikes are throwing similar hp numbers now
we are spoilt for choice.
The new bmw looks like been designed by hongu on the piss.
Bmw Designer wants sacking.
Now you want to use as race bike I totaly get it
let’s hope it’s much better lighter more power and continues to dominate
Irish road racing no pressure!
mine is at moment 203 at wheel with hp calibration, evo race exhaust ,block offs iat relocation ect.
I don’t think I’d notice much difference with the new one in performance power
On the road.
I just would have empty pockets again and kicking myself
been upset every time I have look at the ugly thing saying should of got a Ducati.
Will keep mine for now.

mine is at moment 203 at wheel with hp calibration, evo race exhaust ,block offs iat relocation ect.
On the road.
been upset every time I have look at the ugly thing saying should of got a Ducati.
Will keep mine for now.

Fair play. It can't be everything to everyone.

On the road.
Will keep mine for now.
Like it :applause:

Sigh, yay for all the negativity.

1. You've not ridden it.
2. Looks are subjective, so don't buy it and run along elsewhere...

If you can't use the Gen3 you'll be no quicker on the Gen4 is MINDBLOWINGLY STUPID, you've zero idea.

Confidence is what helps most, if a Gen4 gives more confidence out of the box you WILL go faster on track. Until you ride it you'll never know.

- Alex

That’s a shame, it certainly would have been a selling point and a help to the less experienced on track, for example baron Von grumble just seems to wind it on until he hears the tc chime in and his riding seems to be on a different level on the hp4 race, watch him at Jerez.

That?s a shame, it certainly would have been a selling point and a help to the less experienced on track, for example baron Von grumble just seems to wind it on until he hears the tc chime in and his riding seems to be on a different level on the hp4 race, watch him at Jerez.

It's possible to do this with the RCK Pro...so I would assume it can be 'made to' but not sure if its an out of the box option.

Last edited:
Been told off friend who tested the new rr a few month ago
said it sounds like an electric bike
and goes no faster than gen 3
but was on a 750 mile engine
so engine will be tight

Last edited:
Been told off friend who tested the new rr a few month ago
said it sounds like an electric bike
and goes no faster than gen 3
but was on a 750 mile engine
so engine will be tight

Not that you care about any of that Kev as its looks that matter, but when a post is made with statements that are clearly untrue, it makes me wonder what the agenda is:

https://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/en/m...section-experience-the-racing-sound-of-the-rr

You can hear the sound made by the new rr engine on that link. Enjoy.

Not saying anymore obviously some one doesn?t like negative criticism.
some info i been told that?s all.
I ask questions.
But what is the title of this thread
discussion ,rumour.
I can?t have an opinion can I not on what info I been told.

Last edited:
It?s an open forum and not censored so
therefor public opinion is required and I fulfilling this requirement
Someone needs to chill a bit
Nothing personal dude 👍

Last edited:
?Rumour, gossip and intrigue?.

Opinions are absolutely fine.

The looks will never be to everyone?s taste.
But right now that is all that can be criticised.

What we don?t want, is to constantly be reading how sh*t an as yet unreleased bike is when it is based on absolutely no evidence.

If you don?t like it, don?t buy it

- Oli

Last edited:
I have put the 'new' forum bike face up on the homepage underneath the older ones down the right side.

This is the designer's take on it. He said it is more ant like than alien like. I agree with that, I have asked him to look at the led light strips as they seem to be the signature character of the new face so it might change a little.

One thing for sure, the old design was much more bold, this has highlighted that. Looks much more generic now.

Back