My 2015 S1000RR observations

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep was out on mine on Saturday after it was delivered. It was bye bye Fireblade, hello Beemer. The bike is fantastic, bloody love it so yes I'll be keeping the standard can on it for now, certainly get noticed by those around when rolling off the throttle. Can certainly say the chain is well greased though, what a pain cleaning that off the back wheel.

Reading the hand book about the grear shift assist, it says that in a low gear, at high revs and steady speed BMW Motoradd recommend shifting using the clutch, exactly what does this mean?

You're happier now you've been out on it. We both came from blades and I did wonder if I could justify the spend and after covering 150 miles I'm glad I did, it's some machine.

Ye, came from Devils Bridge to Ribblehead then turned right to Settle in a big old loop back home

Dean

I'm also coming off a blade , although I don't get mine till mid May. Im looking forward to it and hoping I won't need the heated grips !

I'm also coming off a blade , although I don't get mine till mid May. Im looking forward to it and hoping I won't need the heated grips !
They were luxury yesterday, told the guys who were warming their hands on their engines when we stopped that I had to turn them down as my hands were a little sweaty, straight from dumb and dumber lol

Got to say the heated grips are awsome lol there's no way I could of run the bike in without them

I took delivery on Friday. Also moved from a 20th Anniversary Blade and my 10th! I too was concerned that I couldn't justify the price difference. However after only 55 miles I love it! Had the Akro fitted, the standard can sounded great- particularly the popping on overrun. The Akro sounds incredible! My quick shifter doesn't seem to be working correctly on up shifts. It seems to be ok if I throttle off.... Wondering if my lever needs adjusting as it doesn't feel quite snug enough to my foot. The Dealer said they'll take a look.
Has anyone else experienced this. Also have Optimate changed their lead connector. The dealer fitted me one, however, it doesn't fit my optimate or Optimiser? Many thanks.

I took delivery on Friday. Also moved from a 20th Anniversary Blade and my 10th! I too was concerned that I couldn't justify the price difference. However after only 55 miles I love it! Had the Akro fitted, the standard can sounded great- particularly the popping on overrun. The Akro sounds incredible! My quick shifter doesn't seem to be working correctly on up shifts. It seems to be ok if I throttle off.... Wondering if my lever needs adjusting as it doesn't feel quite snug enough to my foot. The Dealer said they'll take a look.
Has anyone else experienced this. Also have Optimate changed their lead connector. The dealer fitted me one, however, it doesn't fit my optimate or Optimiser? Many thanks.
I too think the qs works better with constant throttle.

My quickshifter stopped working I had to have a new microswitch under the clutch lever replaced

Can't really comment as I haven't given it the beans yet but it works fine on up shifts as Marzy said with constant throttle

Can't really comment as I haven't given it the beans yet but it works fine on up shifts as Marzy said with constant throttle
Mind feels like it's spitting back on the upshift when accelerating on a fair bit of throttle. Wait to see what happens after limiter comes off I think.
I've had a peek in side front fairing under the headers. I can see an air valve coming off the headers, it may be that I can hear.

Are you going to track yours Marzy? I've been asked to go to a track day but not sure I want to!
i think it would be awesome on track but I'd rather hire one than have the heartache of possibly watching mine sliding :concern:

Put another 200 miles on mine at the weekend, mainly motorway miles up to Norwich and back, but had fun powering on and off (it says vary the revs, right?!)

A few things that have become evident:

The bike is comfortable. My arse doesn't generally tolerate big touring miles without complaint, but it was only just starting to get numb after two and half hours. Pegs are pretty much perfect for my size (6 foot)

Heated grips are a godsend.

Cruise control hits in pretty hard if you resume speed after suspending. It's a great feature, but you need to have your wits about you- the acceleration took me by surprise the first few times.

Motorway power is epic, and the rev limiter is frustrating!. No real need to drop it down to effortlessly overtake. Am really looking forward to that extra 70 odd bhp after the first service....

There are some vibes at 6000rpm, but they drop away above and below. Vibes also disappear while accelerating, so I reckon the chain is also playing a part. That should get better as they wear in slightly.

Braking down into A road roundabouts and firing out the other side on the quickshifter, the bike is so responsive, stable and reassuring.

Only problem- I've had it over to about 42 degrees of lean, and I've still got two big noticeable chicken strips on the rear tyre :livid:. Need a paddock stand and some brillo pads....

Are you going to track yours Marzy? I've been asked to go to a track day but not sure I want to!
i think it would be awesome on track but I'd rather hire one than have the heartache of possibly watching mine sliding :concern:
Loupe, i'm off to Spain in Sept with the S thou. I've been going to Almeria for 8 years now on a Suzuki 750 and 1000 and can't stay away from the place. I've bought some spare fairings for it already mate. You going to join us?

Loupe, i'm off to Spain in Sept with the S thou. I've been going to Almeria for 8 years now on a Suzuki 750 and 1000 and can't stay away from the place. I've bought some spare fairings for it already mate. You going to join us?
Sounds awesome, it's something I'd deffinately like to do.
Do you guys ship everything over then hook up when you're there?

Sounds awesome, it's something I'd deffinately like to do.
Do you guys ship everything over then hook up when you're there?
We book with a trackday company Loupe. There are many on the market at the moment. They take your bike, tyres, toolbox, leathers, helmet etc from a pickup (for you Knockhill) and transport the whole lot to your track of choice. Works out as cheap if not cheaper than a trackday at Silverstone.
Been going over to Spain for years now and lovin it mate. We've booked again in Sept and the new S1000rr is going out there.

We book with a trackday company Loupe. There are many on the market at the moment. They take your bike, tyres, toolbox, leathers, helmet etc from a pickup (for you Knockhill) and transport the whole lot to your track of choice. Works out as cheap if not cheaper than a trackday at Silverstone.
Been going over to Spain for years now and lovin it mate. We've booked again in Sept and the new S1000rr is going out there.
Superb, I'll look into that as I'd love to try.

Had The QS sorted today. All works fine, apparently it was a switch related to the clutch. Can't believe this bike isn't supplied with a rear seat pad. Not that I ever take pillion, however I could do with one to seat a Kriega tail pack! Does anybody know if the previous model seat fits this iteration? Thanks.

Latest posts

Back