metzeler m7rr tyres

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephens1000rr

Reaction score
Hi all so heading to do a track day on the bike (2018 s1000rr)

I?m just going run my road tyres m7rr, was wondering if anyone tested them and what pressures did you run??
Cheers for advice:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're fine for a track day as long as you're not the next Marc Marquez, quite a few of us have used them without coming a cropper, go with 32/32 and see how you get on

I’m just going run my road tyres m7rr, was wondering if anyone tested them and what pressures did you run??

I’ve used those on the track, they’re absolutely fine, plenty of grip, but they don’t have the nice quick steering profile of the k3’s. I think I went with 31 front and around 28 rear, which worked ok for me.

For what it's worth I run 30/34 on my S1000R for track. But as people say, run what you feel comfortable with :)

I’m just going run my road tyres m7rr, was wondering if anyone tested them and what pressures did you run??

Michael Rutter tested them on an S1000RR at the TT last year From memory, he did a 119mph lap on a road bike on the closed TT circuit. He was impressed by the tyres!

Cheers for the info guys doing abit off looking three and seeing people where impressed with 28 rear 30 front, so will see how we get on!

Hashtag slick mode (mental mode) :p

Cheers
Stephen

Cheers for the info guys doing abit off looking three and seeing people where impressed with 28 rear 30 front, so will see how we get on!

Hashtag slick mode (mental mode) :p

Cheers
Stephen

If you're a seasoned track dayer and fast with it then 28/30 and slick mode not a problem, if you're an intermediate ie can get your knee down but not that fast then I'd stick with race mode and slightly higher pressures for a bit more safety, up to you of course

Back