Tyres Tyres Tyres

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcleod72

Reaction score
Hi everyone - I know tyres are a personal thing but looking for some advice I am currently running M7RR?s that need changing. Road riding only - and only on dry & sunny days. Occasional trips to France and Scotland??so May get caught in some rain

I have narrowed it down to

S22?s
rosso 4
M9RR

I have HP wheels so have been told I need a 200 instead of a 190??

thanks in advance

Scott

S22 imo

I also really like the Michelin power too probably marginally better than the Bridgestone in the dry. But by quite disliked in the wet.

But I think the Bridgestone lasts longer

Hi Scott,
Tyres are very personal but since I?ve moved to Pirelli I?ve not looked back. All of us run Rosso Corsa either 2?s or now 4?s. That?s A Bm S1000, V4?s, GSX-RR and V4s Streetfighter. We all say the same. Fantastic grip and feel in all conditions [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Scott,
Tyres are very personal but since I?ve moved to Pirelli I?ve not looked back. All of us run Rosso Corsa either 2?s or now 4?s. That?s A Bm S1000, V4?s, GSX-RR and V4s Streetfighter. We all say the same. Fantastic grip and feel in all conditions [emoji1303]

Cheers for the advice - I am leaning that way

S22's made a big difference for me over M7RR, couldn't get any heat into the M7RR's during the colder months, not so with the S22's. However I've never used Pirelli Corsa's but I'm lead to believe they are very good and sticky by others on here

S22 did ok for me track and road hope decent wear rate aswell
hope this helps

Has anyone ran the Rosso 4 Corsa? What they like?

Hi Wull, I got through my first set last year. I loved them. Scrubbed in while I was getting pissed on in Scotland last year [emoji85] but also had no issues in the ridiculous heat we had either. Just under 4k from the rear but I?m not hard on my tyres

Has anyone ran the Rosso 4 Corsa? What they like?

I've run Rosso Corsa's for years, and wasn't happy when I saw the S21's on my new RR last October. I tried them while running in the bike, and they were just like the Bridgestones that came on my new K6 1000 and Gen 2 S1000RR, slides at modest lean angles. I had the dealer take them off and fit new Rosso Corsa 4's, much better.

I?ve ran all the previous ones, just not these ones so wanted real world feedback on them. I have never had any issues with the Bridgestones especially the S22?s, I?m going to give the Power Cup 2?s a try, I?ve liked the Power RS?s that came on the bike.

While my bike was off the road for the clutch cover bolt recall, I was loaned another brand new RR to use. Same Bridgestones, same issue when on the side of the tyre. Admittedly I'd been running Super Corsa's on my 1299S, but I had zero confidence in the S21's.

I usually run Rosso Corsa's around 34f 36r, so that was probably what I tried dropping them too. I never ride in the wet/cold or to work, and pretty much always on a 100 mile loop that I've done tens of thousands of miles on, over the last 20+ years. As I said I was coming from Super Corsas, so I made allowances for that. But I was getting slippage at fairly modest speeds and lean angles. I understand S22's are better, but I decided to fit what I'm familiar with. Having said that I never fit Pirelli's to my performance cars.

Latest posts

Back