Akra End Can

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickS1K

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
My 21 RR came with a Racefit end can, which sounds amazing and makes you smile... but it's too loud for many tracks. I did buy an OEM end can for that, so I can just swap between them as needed. I'm wondering if the Akra end can is a good compromise. The OEM end can is too quiet, and doesn't seem to pop at all. I know the Akra will pass noise tests, does it make any fun noises?

Cheers

Have you opened the flapper valve and installed a servo buddy with the oem can? It could give you the additional grunt your looking for down in the low revs.

Most of the noise suppression is before the can so changing it wouldn't make too much of a difference imo.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

At this stage I wasn't really planning anything more than a slightly better noise! Sad, I know... I think the racefit gave me more bhp and a better power/weight rato, given that it's one tenth as heavy as oem. I'm sure the akra does that to a lesser extent, its nowhere near as light as the racefit.
My R has an Akra end can, and it makes enough popping noises to keep me happy, I assume the RR one does too, just looking for some confirmation.
I will look into this servo buddy thing though, thanks

My 21 RR came with a Racefit end can, which sounds amazing and makes you smile... but it's too loud for many tracks. I did buy an OEM end can for that, so I can just swap between them as needed. I'm wondering if the Akra end can is a good compromise. The OEM end can is too quiet, and doesn't seem to pop at all. I know the Akra will pass noise tests, does it make any fun noises?

Cheers

There is somewhere in the dash that gives you the choice of the overrun noise?

I think if you are in Race mode it will give more pops and bangs on overrun. Something to try out. The end can you have fitted does affect this alot too. My Akra stubby made alot more overrun noise than the longer Akra.

Latest posts

Back