Mapping choice

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markashford82

Reaction score
Hi guys have any of you used pcr or Phil crowe for mapping a full akra system.One is 200 quid more than the other just wondered if anyone has any feedback on it.I'm warranted until April next year but not sure I can wait that long it's got 4600 on the clock and the system was fitted by the dealer from new.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Hello Mark,
I havent used any of the mentioned tuners in your post.
But just to give you my 2cents as no one has replied to your question.
I used RS2E, and found them to be absolutely excellent. Highly recommend them as an option.
Others have also used them on here, have not read anything negative about them and my Gen 4 runs amazing.

I've only used RS2E.DE as well. Robert and Rainer do a cracking service.

They will map my 2023 in due course.

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Believe PCR does BSB Mapping so I would assume decent. Same for Peter Hickman and Dave Carnell of HM Racing.

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hello Mark,
I havent used any of the mentioned tuners in your post.
But just to give you my 2cents as no one has replied to your question.
I used RS2E, and found them to be absolutely excellent. Highly recommend them as an option.
Others have also used them on here, have not read anything negative about them and my Gen 4 runs amazing.
Hi thanks for that where are they based and what do they charge.

I used phil crowe, got a group discount over christmas in his quiet time, i got the more expensive map, it gives more tuning options and also audible traction control. totally transformed my bike, Id also be wary of who you use as I understand only a few have the licence for the gen 4 especially the even newer models. my bike went from 192 to 201. only thing i have is an end can. Honestly cant recommend him enough

I used phil crowe, got a group discount over christmas in his quiet time, i got the more expensive map, it gives more tuning options and also audible traction control. totally transformed my bike, Id also be wary of who you use as I understand only a few have the licence for the gen 4 especially the even newer models. my bike went from 192 to 201. only thing i have is an end can. Honestly cant recommend him enough
It's between the one you mentioned and pcr performance which is closer to me to be fair.

I?ve used both PHR Performance and HM Racing. Both use the Woolich software and both great to deal with.

However the above can?t do the extra stuff, like setup the split throttle bodies that RS2E and Phil Crowe can do with the standard ECU.

I used PCR Performance for my gen4 2020. It has a decat with Akra SS pipes and a RaceFit Growler end can. Andy, in their Dyno room, is an absolute star. Having re-mapped her, with some regularity when you pulled the clutch in for downshifting at low speeds the engine just cut out - quite scary at times, as you had to restart her with the starter button (only split-seconds, but depending on traffic conditions...). Anyway, Andy had her back in on two occasions and spent quite some hours getting to the bottom of it (all at no extra cost). He was in regular contact with the Italian company who make the ECU and eventually found the answer in a particular 'switch' to turn on. On the half hour journey home all was good, but need to take her out for a good blast to properly test her.

PCR are a great outfit and I highly recommend them. Andy did explain that with most jap bikes they can just re-use one of their maps 'off the shelf', but with BMW's they are all different and need proper tuning from the get-go.

I used PCR Performance for my gen4 2020. It has a decat with Akra SS pipes and a RaceFit Growler end can. Andy, in their Dyno room, is an absolute star. Having re-mapped her, with some regularity when you pulled the clutch in for downshifting at low speeds the engine just cut out - quite scary at times, as you had to restart her with the starter button (only split-seconds, but depending on traffic conditions...). Anyway, Andy had her back in on two occasions and spent quite some hours getting to the bottom of it (all at no extra cost). He was in regular contact with the Italian company who make the ECU and eventually found the answer in a particular 'switch' to turn on. On the half hour journey home all was good, but need to take her out for a good blast to properly test her.

PCR are a great outfit and I highly recommend them. Andy did explain that with most jap bikes they can just re-use one of their maps 'off the shelf', but with BMW's they are all different and need proper tuning from the get-go.
Thanks for that I've booked in with them.[emoji106]

Latest posts

Back