low side

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scaramaga

Reaction score
hello all;
started track days this year with my new used 2011.
a few weeks ago i low sided due to cold tires (race mode). my question is this;
while going down ,the film footage i have never shows the TC lights coming on, why not.
It seems to me that at some point the lights should have come on.
any ideas?
cheers

Hi. Did the bike come from a BMW dealer? Wondering if the ecu has been flashed perhaps?

Also please post a bit about you/your bike etc in the welcome area, cheers. :)

I know it flashes in Slick and user. Not sure about sport and race.

I purchased it from a guy who pretty much kept it stock. I doubt very much he had it reflashed, still has the cat on it.
Seems to me it should flash in any mode if it decides to intervene.
I must say that i think both wheels were probably spinning at the same speed right up until the bike was on its side.

Presume you have an abs model?

the TC light flashes in any mode if it activates.

It flashes. I would assume that once you've tucked the front and exceeded the maximum permittable lean angle for the gyros it doesn't 'do' anything.

yes to abs.
Alex....i think you may be right.

I was pushing it a little too much for my inexperience.
Bike is in the process of being put back together and then we're back to the track.
Its my first year doing this and i can't express how much i love it.

Agree Alex, the system must have a degree of leeway to calculate for the decrease in tyre diameter as it's leant over to the point that on a lowside the loss is sideways (and generally quite quick) eliminating the forward rotation of the wheel. Take it that we are talking about the front and not the rear ?

Latest posts

Back