Lost the Neutral light and dash display

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FRS463

Reaction score
My 2012 bike has decided not to display the neutral light or N in the display but selects it. I could for the first day start it on the side stand but today it wont. Any ideas?

Charlie

No idea at all but the plethora of minor electrical faults with switchgear, TC / ABS selection recently has been quite concerning.

have you been jet washing it? The side stand switch must be worth investigating. I have noticed my neutral light is slow to light sometimes doesnt come on until the clutch lever is released.

No just hand wash it but I only noticed the side stand issue on the 2nd day, when I was commuting home and stopping at lights is more when I first noticed it.

oh that's the "sub neutral" apparently normal :chargrined:

My sub neutral has disappeared now and have occasionally a sub 2nd and a sub 4th.

I am wondering if its going to sub tract itself from the bike soon?

Its these problems i was talking about when i said the GSXR was more durable. The quality of the components for a premium manufacturer like BMW is really rather shite.
If my gearbox issues aren't resolved at the next service i reckon it'll be getting handed back next year and i'll be trying something else.

Latest posts

Back