Display Shows Speed Limit in Kph

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I posted this on Facebook so some may have seen this already.

I have a very first world problem. My dashboard is set for miles per hour and displays my speed in miles per hour. However, the speed limit indicator displays kph.

I have set my Connected app to miles, celsius, bar, and litres. I have tried resetting the app and only loading UK maps but I still get mph for current speed and kph for speed limit.

I'm sure many don't use this function but if there is anyone that has run into this or has any ideas it would be much appreciated.

S1000rr gen 4 2022/iphone 15 pro iOS 17.2.1

I have not seen or heard of this. I don't have the bike to look at but if there's nothing in the manual/menu then I would think to correct it is a dealer job.

I posted this on Facebook so some may have seen this already.

I have a very first world problem. My dashboard is set for miles per hour and displays my speed in miles per hour. However, the speed limit indicator displays kph.

I have set my Connected app to miles, celsius, bar, and litres. I have tried resetting the app and only loading UK maps but I still get mph for current speed and kph for speed limit.

I'm sure many don't use this function but if there is anyone that has run into this or has any ideas it would be much appreciated.

S1000rr gen 4 2022/iphone 15 pro iOS 17.2.1
Yep mine is doing the same. Have not found a fix for this either as yet

I have the exact same issue. Tried setting the bike to kph and back to mph - no effect. Also tried the same on the Motorrad app as I think the speed limit data is sourced from it and then matched to your GPS position. Again no change.

I have an M1000R which is effectively the same system. Will try that tomorrow and see if I get the same issue. This is new behaviour for my S1000RR as far as I can tell. I'm sure it was showing limit data in mph before. It maybe something to do with a recent Motorrad App app update.

I have the same issue. Must have been an update somewhere! Very frustrating! Did the limiter trick work?

The M1000R is doing the same thing. This has to be an issue with the app supplying the wrong data or not recognising that mph is selected in the app settings.

Mine is showing as MPH in the app but showing as KPH as the speed limit. I’ve tried to reinstall the app and then re-downloaded the uk maps, but still showing as KPH. Unless there’s been an update recently! I’m on iOS - not sure if it’s an issue on Android!

I’ve spoken to my dealer. They are aware of the issue. BMW are aware and it will get fixed in a new release of the app.

I’m also going to log a fault through the app to see if I get any info on when the fix is expected.

I’ve spoken to my dealer. They are aware of the issue. BMW are aware and it will get fixed in a new release of the app.

I’m also going to log a fault through the app to see if I get any info on when the fix is expected.
I've emailed BMW as well asking when fix can be expected. I first noticed the issue on 3 December, so it's nearly two months now, which is pretty poor tbh. If I receive any further info from BMW will post it here too.

Mines gotta go back in for a service and the foot peg recall, so I’ll mention it as well!
Unfortunately for me I go back to the dealer where I picked up the bike, which is Bhanstormer in Maidenhead! Good bunch there and unlike other dealers won’t try and rob u! But they are a main dealer so not cheap!!

GOOD NEWS: Version 5.1.1 of the BMW Motorrad Connected app is now available in the App Store (iOS) and claims to fix the bug. Was released late last night. Hopefully this will resolve the problem.

Nice, thanks. I’ve just updated mine and hopefully on the ride home, I’ll get the speed limit in MPH!!

Latest posts

Back