Just run in

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris b

Reaction score
Iv just had the first service and have been out for a ride with the limiter off,
i have come from a 2015 zx10 and I cannot believe the difference,I wish I had bought the s1000rr years ago. What a bike. I cannot remember the last time I had so much fun on a bike.
these bikes are mad and with an arrow exhaust it sounds like a fighter plane!

Mine's going in for its 1st service on Saturday morning, then Silverstone track day the Tuesday after!!! :nevreness:

Great bikes aren't they. I've come from an 09 Blade to the 15 and I thought I was happy with the Blade. Don't get me wrong the Blade is a fantastic bike but things have moved on a tad.

Which Arrow can did you get Chris or is it a full system you got?

it is just the stubby end can. the sound is amazing and it was only ?320 brand new rather than twice that for an acro

Does it still have the popping to the same extent as the OE end can?

Which model of Arrow have you got?

Iv just had the first service and have been out for a ride with the limiter off,
i have come from a 2015 zx10 and I cannot believe the difference,I wish I had bought the s1000rr years ago. What a bike. I cannot remember the last time I had so much fun on a bike.
these bikes are mad and with an arrow exhaust it sounds like a fighter plane!

Not ridden the zx10, they appear to be in front on the track, what do you feel makes the rr different?

Does it still have the popping to the same extent as the OE end can?

Which model of Arrow have you got?

yea it still pops and much better sound than original, it is the works titanium part number 71823PK

Not ridden the zx10, they appear to be in front on the track, what do you feel makes the rr different?

in my opinion its mainly the riding style, rather than having all the power at the top end its constant .the electrics are a lot lot better on the rr and I feel more comfortable and in control with the way that it handles. The zx10 likes the front wheel in the air at all times mainly due to having to thrash it to hell to get anywhere.
also I only managed 2000 miles on the zx10 before the chocolate gearbox melted, kept hitting false neutrals and when returned to bridge motorcycles in Exeter they were that useless they hadn't even heard of the gearbox issues and couldn't fix it!!!

it is just the stubby end can. the sound is amazing and it was only ?320 brand new rather than twice that for an acro

Hey Chris..glad you're enjoying your new weapon! :biggrin-new: where did you buy the arrow can from? I can't find it anywhere near as cheap as ?320 online?? Cheers

Hey Chris..glad you're enjoying your new weapon! :biggrin-new: where did you buy the arrow can from? I can't find it anywhere near as cheap as ?320 online?? Cheers

I bought it on ebay, it had to come from Italy but arrived within less than a week. the seller is genialmotor
he only had two for sale and the other one has sold but it might be worth messaging him to see if he has more.

iv found another he is selling item 221834545934 on ebay

Cheers Chris ;-) ....can't decide whether to buy this one or Racefit for ?400?? I spoke to John @ Racefit recently and he was really helpful...Hmmmmmm....i'm sure they are both great...anyone got any thoughts on which one to get? :-o

Cheers Chris ;-) ....can't decide whether to buy this one or Racefit for ?400?? I spoke to John @ Racefit recently and he was really helpful...Hmmmmmm....i'm sure they are both great...anyone got any thoughts on which one to get? :-o

Got my collar felt during a spot check near Matlock Bath a couple of weeks ago for the unstamped AR GP1 I've got fitted (and no. plate and black visor :wink-new:) worth bearing in mind if you go for Racefit over a road legal Arrow

iv found another he is selling item 221834545934 on ebay

Cheers Chris, just one more question :rolleyes-new: Does the can come with a removable baffle and how does the noise level compare to the stock can (with/without baffle)? Can't seem to find this info anywhere online?? Cheers :)

It is defiantly louder than standard. I'm off to donnington this Thursday so I will find out how loud it measures.

Arrow Works Titanium Slip-On Exhaust

I just sold my Arrow Works Titanium slip-on. It does not come supplied with a removable baffle and as far as I'm aware you cannot purchase one for it from Arrow. It will be absolutely fine on static noise testing but you may struggle on the drive-by testing as it is loud. For reference mine was static noise tested at Snetterton and measured 97.5 dB at 5,500 rpm. I was black flagged later on in the day to be politely told that it was borderline on the drive-by noise test and asked to throttle off at a certain point on the circuit. Donington Park can be notoriously strict for noise testing. On their 108 dB noise limit days it will be fine but I personally wouldn't expect to pass noise testing on their quieter 98 dB trackdays with it fitted.

It is defiantly louder than standard. I'm off to donnington this Thursday so I will find out how loud it measures.
There isn't a baffle with it.

Re: Arrow Works Titanium Slip-On Exhaust

I just sold my Arrow Works Titanium slip-on. It does not come supplied with a removable baffle and as far as I'm aware you cannot purchase one for it from Arrow. It will be absolutely fine on static noise testing but you may struggle on the drive-by testing as it is loud. For reference mine was static noise tested at Snetterton and measured 97.5 dB at 5,500 rpm. I was black flagged later on in the day to be politely told that it was borderline on the drive-by noise test and asked to throttle off at a certain point on the circuit. Donington Park can be notoriously strict for noise testing. On their 108 dB noise limit days it will be fine but I personally wouldn't expect to pass noise testing on their quieter 98 dB trackdays with it fitted.
Cheers it's a 105 day so I'll keep my fingers crossed but I'll take the standard can as well
do you know what the drive by limit was?

Noise Testing

MSV circuit noise limits are linked below. Donington Park and Silverstone have different trackday noise restrictions as they are not owned by MSV. These can be found on the circuit's own websites as well as on the Focused Events and No limits trackday websites.

http://www.msvtrackdays.com/bike/faq.aspx

Latest posts

Back