2020 S1000RR M Sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LVJ

Reaction score
Hi. My 2018 Gen3 model was remapped with a full Arrow system on it and ran like a dream with plenty of torque, top end and noise. Just picked up a 2020 M Sport with a standard exhaust and stubby Akra can and just cant believe how flat it feels with poor throttle response lower down the revs. Even the top end doesn't feel as I was expecting. I am not particularly mechanically minded but would a full system and remap make that much difference? Surely these bikes are not strangled to this extent by the EU regulations. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks. Lee

It shouldn?t be that bad, what setting are you running it in?

I have the same setup and it?s fine, standard system with the Akra GP slip on can. The Gen 4 runs wide band O2 sensors so it really shouldn?t be a problem.

Running a full system that?s been mapped would make a difference, costly but it would be worth it.

Hi. It doesn't seem to matter what setting it is in. Generally run it in Dynamic. I haven't done a long run yet and been pottering about so maybe it's the low down response that I am finding disappointing. Its just that the gen3 I had with the full system and remap was superb throughout the power range.

Maybe try it in race see if it?s the same. Mine seems to pull no probs at all no matter the gear, can?t say I?ve ever noticed it bogging down at all or not being as responsive as it should low down but I have heard of a few like yourself reporting that it does, but they say it?s much better after a map.

Hi. Thanks for replies. Have taken the plunge and booked it in for full Arrow system and remap. Daft really I suppose but just don't feel it's right for me and how I ride in its present form. Was totally spoilt by last gen3 bike

Latest posts

Back